We did not spend a lot of time in our room as there was so much to see and do in Edinburgh so it was a great place to come home to at the end of a busy day. We walked (with rolling suitcases) from Waverly Station in 15 minutes (use Cockburn Stret at the end of Waverly Bridge to Nicolson Street - its faster than going across Northbridge) or there are a lot of buses that go past Northbridge/Nicolson a block from the hotel.
The breakfast was the best deal in the UK. Made to order 'full breakfast' and a self serve table with fruits, juices, toast, breads, cereals, danish, coffee, tea, etc. Served in the students lounge next door - very friendly staff there. There is a locked area to store bags so we checked out early to do more exploring and picked up our luggage at the end of the day.
If all you want is a clean, expensive place to sleep at the end of a busy day then this great value. Yes, the room was small but that is pretty standard int the UK and the shower was tiny but the water hot. We were on the third floor with no elevator and no valet to help with your luggage. The first floor only has single rooms. No room service but there was a coffee maker and a kettle. There are small grocery stores on Nicolson Street and many restaurants closeby (including a subway at the corner). It was really quiet even though we faced the street. It was tucked out of the main stream but we felt secure walking in the area late at night. All in all we felt we got a good deal for our money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are thrilled to announce the refurbishment of Kenneth Mackenzie is going ahead at the start of 2017. These exciting developments mean that this year-round hotel will be able to offer 45 new double en-suite rooms as well as a re-design of the breakfast room all available from mid-summer 2017. Our bed and breakfast accommodation at Richmond Place is close to all of Edinburgh's main tourist attractions, including the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle, so you will find it easy to see the sights during your stay. All 20 double and 20 single rooms have en-suite facilities, TV, telephone, chargeable internet access and tea/coffee-making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your KM Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenneth Mackenzie Hotel Edinburgh
- Kenneth Mackenzie Suite Edinburgh
- Kenneth Mackenzie Suite Hotel Edinburgh
- KM Central Edinburgh, Scotland