KM Central
Hotels.com
US$195
Autograph
  • Room Service
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$271
  • Bar/Lounge
Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$198
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$182
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$279
US$222
US$202
  • Pool
All reviewsno liftroyal milehot food cooked to ordergeorge squarefull cooked scottish breakfastrooms are smallflights of stairsseparate buildingfringe venuesedinburgh universitycold buffetbreakfast was excellentfree wifisleep qualitycomfy bedlocation is greatholyrood park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room was basic but very acceptable. There was some building work and construction underway but the disruption was purely aesthetic - sleep quality was very good.

The setting is excellent though and 1 min walk from stunning views.

I would highlight that the staff were excellent - very friendly and accommodating.

The breakfast is also very good. Give yourself time to enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I recently traveled to Edinburgh with my boyfriend and this place was just what we were looking for. Friendly and helpful staff (shout out to our server at breakfast who gave us great recommendations for restaurants and things to do in the city), great location close to old town and the train station, and awesome breakfast. My only complaint was the room temperature so we opened the window, but could then hear people early in the morning. Honestly, this was a minor complaint, which is why I still rated the place Excellent. Our room had an en suite bathroom and complimentary wi-fi. Check out is early (10:30 am), so we left our luggage in storage for free while we hiked Arthur's Seat. I would definitely recommend this place and would book here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Perfect location with walking distanse to all the sights - such as The Royal Mile, The Castle, New town, Old town and spectacular Arthurs seat.

Friendly staff, unecpectedly good breakfast, nice and clean. Nothing fancy - but absolutely approved. Good value for the money.

:-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great location, breakfast and friendly staff. I'm a light sleeper so only thing I'd say is that it can get quite noisy on a Saturday night (great for party go-ers but unfortunately not why I was there).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I revisited the Kenneth Mackenzie as it had been so convenient on my previous trip to Edinburgh. From the location it is so easy to access any part of the city centre and only about a 10-15 minute walk to the Waverly Station. Also if you are visiting the George Square university campus it is a couple of blocks from there as well. Reception is in a separate building but always friendly and helpful. There is also a free luggage lockup if you need to leave luggage after check-out. Free wifi is a plus and the breakfast is served nearby with really friendly staff. They cater for vegetarians as well! On both visits I have found it very quiet and slept well. There is a safe in the cupboard that is big enough for a laptop etc. The shower is almost over the loo given the small add-on design but totally functional.
The only downside is that there is no lift despite the number of floors - oh and no biscuits with the kettle. I always think a biscuit or two after a long journey goes down very well AND this is an area known for its good shortbread.

Room Tip: I have always found it a quiet location despite overlooking an area where vehicles access.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business