“fab friendly hotel”

Ranked #145 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Durham, United Kingdom
“fab friendly hotel”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for one night and had a lovely stay. The staff couldn't't have been more helpful - giving us advice on where to go, free maps on which they marked out places we wanted to see, local bus information and suggestions that my daughter might like. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They also gave us passes for a free breakfast, even though we had only paid £28- a bargain price. Breakfast was lovely as well - fresh croissants and juice. We will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the hotel and extremely quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kate M
John K, Manager at Hotel Twenty, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and taking your time out to do this. It was a pleasure haveing you at Hotel Twenty and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again and hopefully next time you visit we would have completed some more of the upgrading.

John Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perthshire
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at Hotel Twenty for one night last week. The hotel is situated around a couple of minutes walk from the Edinburgh Playhouse at the end of Princess Street and is easy to find. I can't comment on the parking as I was on foot.

When I walked in, the place smelled really clean and fresh. Always a good start! I had an early check-in which went smoothly and the owner John greeted me, introduced himself and shook my hand (which I thought was a nice touch). He said to ask if I needed anything and to enjoy my stay. He also explained that the hotel is being gradually renovated over time.
My room (room 1) was freshly decorated in a funky contemporary red/black and white colour scheme and of a fine size. It had a single bed, a large wardrobe with plenty of hanging space, a chest of drawers, a good sized digital TV (with working remote!) and a complimentary tray with tea and coffee. There was fresh towels, little soaps and some tubes of body wash.
The room was very clean, as was the en-suite shower room.
I was surprised to read that some of the other reviews found the room cold. I came back to the room at 9pm and it was lovely and warm, despite being very cold outside.
I checked out in the morning and chatted with one of the other staff and found him very friendly  and efficient too.
I can't comment on the breakfasts as I didn't have breakfast at the hotel.

A couple of small points to note is that room 1 is located at the front of the hotel and is level with the road. If you are a very light sleeper then the road noise may annoy you slightly, but I found it no trouble. Also, the room is above a pad Thai restaurant and the cooking smells were making me hungry!

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend this hotel to other travellers. I thought that the location and price was excellent for the city of Edinburgh. Also, it was very clean and the owner and his staff were very friendly, efficient and welcoming.

1 Thank Miss G

Harrogate
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stopped here for 1 night in late march 2014,this hotel is warm and welcoming,clean with pleasant decor and a really good price for central edinburgh,with views overlooking carlton hill.
There are many shops,bars,restaurants,cinema and a theatre nearby.

Room Tip: booking.com

Aviemore
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for six days and it was exelente! Even if I was not lucky to have a new room wich I wasn't even bothered because I only used the room to sleep.
My room was tidy and clean! Eddie and John was exelente to me and my partner they helped us with any issue that I could have! The only thing that I did wrong was to go to the Thai pad on the last day because I coudnt go back again, it was delicious the staff was friendly!
Thank you for doing the extra mile for us!
Leonardo and Rubina
See you soon

Stayed March 2014

Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed one night in this hotel and I had a very nice experience. The room was nice, clean and very comfortable. Very good standard and excellent value for money. Staff is nice and very professional. The location is perfect to reach most of Edinburgh attractions - everything is at walking distance. Plus: there is an excellent Thai restaurant in the same building!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
John K, Manager at Hotel Twenty, responded to this review, 27 March 2014

Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

City centre location close to Princes Street and railway station, clean room with en-suite shower room, television and electric kettle, clean linen on bed but mattress a tad soft, basic breakfast - all for £23.

John K, Manager at Hotel Twenty, responded to this review, 25 March 2014

Paris, France
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

very good hotel and the manager is very kind. good price. highly recommended! central location very close to the very heart of the town. clean rooms. i stayed only one night but wish I had stayed more !!! free wifi and free luggage storage

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends