“Great place, wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sonas Guest House

Sonas Guest House
Ranked #19 of 444 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great place, wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I recently took a trip to Scotland, and as part of my trip I stayed in Edinburgh, at Sonas for 3 nights. I booked at Sonas because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor, and the people were totally right. The house was really easy to find, with a great location within walking distance to Edinburgh's main attractions. My room was really nicely done up with all the amenities, and most importantly to me, the service was really outstanding. Christina is a genuinely nice person, and provided lots of helpful tips and advice on Edinburgh's many attractions, as well as nearby restaurants and pubs. Her friendly nature totally made her guests feel comfortable and at home while visiting Edinburgh. The breakfasts were really fantastic, with plentiful amounts of food, and beverages. I never went hungry, that is for sure.

I would recommend to anybody considering a trip to Edinburgh, to stay at Sonas because it was a really great place to stay, great location, with truly wonderful service. Definitely one of the highlights of my trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nice, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed four nights at Sonas B&B and I am pleased to say that this place is extraordinary.
The host, Christy, is lovely, with an amazing smile and I think she was very pleased to host me.
The room was very clean, very good bed and bathroom. The place was quiet and very cosy. Breakfast was served in a very nice room, with soft and entertaining music. The only very very little problem I had was the lack of table in my room, which would have been very useful to work. However, Christy let me use the very large and big table in the breakfast room to work (which was even better). She even offered me a coffee. I definitely recommend this place. I will return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Pethshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

We were greeted by a lovely young women called Christina, what an assset she is - friendly, informative and seemed genuinly pleased to see us.

The room was at the top of the house and was lovely, clean and modern. The bathroom was sparking clean we could not fault it.

Breakfast is served in a very pretty room, with a good choice - my french toast with crispy bacon and mushrooms hit the spot and set me up for the day .

The owners are friendly, relaxed and again seem genuinly happy to be looking after you.

Our only regret was that we were only here for one night, if we had known how good it was going to be we would have made a weekend of it.

There is parking to the front and rear of the guest house and frequent buses run into town from just around the corner.

This guest house is on our "we will be back list"

Loved it!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

we stayed in the b&b for one night, but the attention we received is something 5-star hotels should learn. as soon as we walked in we were given hints and advice on where to go and what to do and how to get there, including bus directions, etc. breakfast, though only served from 8 to 9, was delicious and server per person. highly recommended if you're looking for a no-frills stay

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed at Sonas B&B in October. Irene greeted us with a smile and helped with the luggage and with the car parking. Our room was on the first floor at the back. The room is spacious, the large bathroom was clean and with a nice bath tube. Breakfast is served on the ground floor in a very pretty room., with a wide variety of food.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

Sonas was a cozy, comfy and affordable B&B when we stayed in Edinburgh. Our hosts were very attentive to our needs and were knowledgable about the attractions and best ways to get around the city. A full breakfast was included every morning with coffee, teas and juices. Our room was clean with Wi-Fi and cable TV. Overall an A rating

1 Thank DaleBuffalo_NewYork
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Wonderful staff and very nice accommodations! Breakfast every morning was a real treat too! Would love to stay here again!