We stayed here for two nights in January for a short city break in Edinburgh. We chose to stay here because of the glowing reviews on Trip Advisor, and we weren't disappointed. Angela was a friendly and welcoming host, who made us feel at home. She had great knowledge of the city and was always happy to give advice. The room was warm and beautifully decorated, with a very comfy bed. The breakfast was fantastic, with a choice of continental and full English. Free wifi was also a bonus.
Our only reservation before arriving here was the location. However, Portobello is a lovely seaside town, with a nice beach and quite a few good restaurants and cafes. The bus service into the city takes 20mins, with frequent buses 24/7 and a day pass costing only £3.50.
Overall we had a wonderful stay here and would like to thank Angela and her family for their hospitality. We would whole-heartedly recommend Abercorn Guest House to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abercorn is a large Victorian family property, an Old Manse built in 1870. This luxurious four-star GOLD accommodation has recently been refurbished and offers double ,twin and family rooms for up to 5 persons. Easy access to city center every 10 minutes and the buses are 24 hours a day and close to sandy beach, shops and restaurants. A very warm welcome awaits, so why not book today and have a superb stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Abercorn Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abercorn Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Abercorn Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland