Abercorn Guest House
US$491
US$181
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$153
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$256
US$271
US$225
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$222
US$202
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsb bportobello beachcity centrewonderful guesthousea short bus ridebuses runplace to staybreakfast was delicioushigh ceilingsporridgebeautiful roomvisiting edinburghwonderful stayyogurtprinces streetangelaespy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Beautiful, stylish , well appointed room, full of original fittings and fixtures, perfect point to explore the city with the beach only a 5 min stroll from the door.
Wonderful, warm and knowledgable hosts, always available to answer questions or advice on accessing the city and amenities , nothing was ever too much trouble.
A perfect vantage point for exploring the city, docks and surrounding areas
Breakfasts to die for, after consuming you'll be set for the forthcoming day or night , as was my case!
Looking for somewhere to stay in Edinburgh? Do yourself a favour and look no further than the Abercorn in Portobello, you would really be missing out on something quite remarkable and special.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

With work we stay in many guest houses all over Scotland, week in week out and have done for many years! This is by far the best! The welcome, cleanliness, service, decor, and location are all exceptional. This just leaves the breakfast which in every other guesthouse ranges from poor to distinctly avrage! Not here! The food was perfect from the coffee to the poached eggs. I would recommend the establishment to anyone and will definitely be returning here myself on my next trip to Edinburgh!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed here for two nights in January for a short city break in Edinburgh. We chose to stay here because of the glowing reviews on Trip Advisor, and we weren't disappointed. Angela was a friendly and welcoming host, who made us feel at home. She had great knowledge of the city and was always happy to give advice. The room was warm and beautifully decorated, with a very comfy bed. The breakfast was fantastic, with a choice of continental and full English. Free wifi was also a bonus.

Our only reservation before arriving here was the location. However, Portobello is a lovely seaside town, with a nice beach and quite a few good restaurants and cafes. The bus service into the city takes 20mins, with frequent buses 24/7 and a day pass costing only £3.50.

Overall we had a wonderful stay here and would like to thank Angela and her family for their hospitality. We would whole-heartedly recommend Abercorn Guest House to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I booked Abercorn Guest House after a recommendation from a friend who lives in Portobello ( no bettter recommendation than from a local) and we were heading there for a friends 40th celebrations. What can I say that hasn't already been said by previous guests? Nothing, the room was beautiful, stylish and comfortable and the welcome amazing. Its like staying with a friend who makes you feel at home.

We got the bus out from Edinburgh, which was easy. We just asked the driver where about we should get off which was at the park and no problem.

Room lovely, bed was so comfy, the type of bed that you wish check out was midday. Breakfast was fab and much needed after a few drinks the night before at Esby bar. Hospitality at its best. I would definitely book again and recommend Abercorn Guest House.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Me and my partner visited 7th January for two nights, I must admit I wasn't particularly looking forward to going especially as soon as i booked we had weather alert from John Tetley on the TV, suggesting the -48 C, wind, storms and hurricanes where on their way across the Atlantic heading straight for Edinburgh, I thought just my luck death in Scotland! but on a positive note I can now make use for my unwanted thick woollen jumper and my 18 pairs of sock I received for Christmas (always a silver lining!). When we arrived Angela was just nipping back from the shops across the road, I didn't notice her and slammed the big white entrance door in her face, even so she still greeted us so pleasantly with all smiles, I knew then this is going to be a good break.
We were shown to our room and asked whether we would like a tea and coffee which was good, we had a room on the ground floor next door but one to the dining room, rooms are spacious, very high ceilings with large windows with shutters on (for extra warmth!), its quite an old building & well looked after and very tastefully decorated. After I had unloaded the van of my partners 6 cases and shoe bags we unpacked and was then told of the different sights, restaurants etc of things to do.
Breakfast was excellent, you fill a little form in of what you would like the night before, then it is cooked fresh at your sitting, there is also an array of fruits, cereals, jams and pastries to scoff on. There was even happy feel good music playing in the background so if you arrive at breakfast a bit depressed or argued with your partner over the last shortbread biscuit the nightbefore, all is soon forgotten, & before you know it you tapping your spoon to the beat of the drums.
I was really glad we choose here and a guesthouse, you feel much more part of something than being in a massive hotel with a Luke warm buffet breakfast.

Location is excellent and only 5 minutes walk to the beach, which is quite nice! if you don't fancy driving the bus system runs 24hrs and its only approx. 1.5-2miles to the centre of Edinburgh!

I highly recommend it and could find no faults, only an idea would be to have some dvd's maybe.
All in all tremendous!