“love this hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
keswick
“love this hotel”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

we have been here about 4 times now ,in past few years ,we stay in same room twice and then room down stairs ,this is wonderful hotel and love rooms are so nice , we were here on 10 july 2011 we had great time this was our honeymoon at time we had great time ,

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank louise g
James L, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Nira Caledonia Edinburgh on tripadvisor.

I was delight to read your positive comments and that your continue to enjoy your stays with us. I have passed them on to the whole team and everyone was really pleased!

I look forward to welcoming you back to your Edinburgh home in the very near future.

James Lane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Greek first
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Spent two nights at this hotel.Beautiful, wonderful staff, great food, fabulous rooms - however, we stayed in a 'small' or 'petite' double room on our first night.Would not recommend this,unless you are travelling alone! Bathroom was tiny,with just a frosted door to it,which you cant lock.No privacy. On our second night, we were upgraded to a larger room (without even having to ask) ,with a large, beautifully decorated seperate room containing a large jacuzzi bath. It was fabulous.Ideally located 10 minutes walk from Edinburgh city centre. Would highly recommend this hotel - but if you are a couple, book the larger room!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
James L, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Nira Caledonia Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that you liked our boutique hotel, staff and food. I have noted your comments about the Petite Double room you booked. I was please that we were able to upgrade your room on the second night and that you enjoyed the large jacuzzi bath.

I look for to welcoming you back in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do let me know.

Edinburgh
Herts
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed 2 nights in this lovely hotel. The bedroom was unique, clean and comfortable. The service was good at the bar and restaurant, thanks to David. Love the decor. Lovely quiet street, near all amenities. Would recommend this lovely hotel.

1 Thank Gshols
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Nira Caledonia Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our boutique Edinburgh hotel. Thank you for your very kind comments about David, I know he was thrilled to read them.

Edinburgh
Sunderland
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel on a romantic break for a Valentine weekend away. I was pleasently surprised when entering the hotel how gorgeous the reception decor was. What a beautiful hotel. We were greeted by a lovely, helpful guy on reception, who was more than helpful, very polite and very welcoming to us.

Our room was amazing, very very posh! Very spacious, fabulous decor, very cosy. More than we expected.

The hotel is just off the centre, a 10 minute walk to Rose Street/Princes Street, we enjoyed the walk as the weather was very pleasent.

We would without a doubt stay here again, superb.

3 Thank AimNKeith
James L, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Nira Caledonia on tripadvisor.

Thank you for your very kind comments about our recently refurbished reception area and we are thrilled that you thought the hotel was beautiful. I was delighted to read your comment about the helpful, very polite and very welcoming reception you received on arrival. I have passed your comments to the team.

I was also delighted to read that your thought our newly refurbished rooms were amazing and very posh! It makes all our efforts worthwhile! Thank you!!!

I look forward to welcoming you back to your new Edinburgh home in the near future and at such a time, if I can be of any assistance, please do let me know.

Harrogate
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We got an amazing late deal for the Nira Caledonia, and were very impressed with what we received. The hotel is around 15 - 20 minutes walk from Waverley station, down the broad and refined streets of the New Town (there are a couple of bus services, too).

The hotel is small, but very opulent and discreet. Rooms were kitted out with plenty of luxury touches, such as rainfall shower, jacuzzi bath, upmarket toiletries, flat screen TV, iPod dock... The restaurant and bar area was small and quiet, but with a good range of drinks.

Would happily stay again if we got another good rate online.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank zippymonkey
James L, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind and positive review of our boutique hotel in Edinburgh, Nira Caledonia.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyable stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do let me know.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I remember staying here before so was pleased of the opportunity to return.

The hotel is in a nice old terrace, but not overly central.

The bedroom and bathroom I was given was very well decorated indeed.

Eevening meal is in a quiet restaurant and the food is above average and the service excellent - my first choice when in Edinburgh.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Mark S
James L, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Thank you so much for your very positive review of Nira Caledonia.

My team and I were delighted to read that you enjoyed your return trip to us and that you are making Nira Caledonia your first choice of luxury boutique hotel in Edinburgh.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and if I can be of any assistance, please do let me know.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Location and reception - Occupies two Georgian townhouses in the New Town in Edinburgh. Very good location indeed, a quiet residential street but just a genuine few minutes walk from the centre. Very small reception squeezed into the hall of one of the houses. Smiling staff.

Rooms - I have stayed here four times in the past month, and have ranged from an upgraded suite (600 feet, magnificent and luxurious, huge bed, sofa, massive TV) to the smallest attic room (100 feet, cosy and snug, though not much room for cat swinging). All the rooms have charismatic "blingy" decor - big lamps, curtains, objets. Windows open. Kettle and Nespresso machine provided.

Beds - all full doubles, very comfortable, first class linens (somewhere over 500 thread count I would say), expensive pillows (though I always bring mine).

Baths - mostly jacuzzi style baths, bathrooms newly refurbished, smart, not huge (there isnt the space between the rooms) but big enough.

Ambient noise - very low at the front (this is a very quiet street of houses and apartments with no through traffic), slightly more at the back, some fan noise but not high, and some road noise from the shopping street down the hill. Not enough to much disturb even this noise-hating traveller.

A bit of an Edinburgh gem overall - if you dont have a car! (no parking)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Coltbridge
NumberTenEdinburgh, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time for posting your review of Nira Caledonia on tripadvisor.

I have passed your comments on to my team and we are all delighted you have enjoyed your recent stays with us. I am also delighted you have noticed all the changes we have made to the hotel while carrying out our recent refurbishment.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do let me know.

Kindest regards,