Nira Caledonia
Old Town Chambers(Edinburgh)
US$280
US$221
Agoda.com
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$641
US$593
Waldorf Astoria
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$130
1,215 results
All reviewsjacuzzi suiteprivate gardennespresso machineboutique hotelchateaubriandstockbridge arealovely hotelno liftlisted buildingturn down serviceon arrivalsmall hoteltop floorquiet streetgeorge streetfull scottish breakfasta wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2013

this how is nice once your inside. from the outside its like a house and we were surprised when we pulled up outside. not like any hotel i stayed in before. this was like one of those small family run B&B from the outside but when we went in it all changed. of course the hotel is very small. you will see teh same faced. the reception is a small desk and a chair its a small hotel on a cute cobbled street. I would suggest if your driving and you get this hotel for cheap (i.e. well under £100.00) then stay here otherwise look around.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Janette N, Director of Sales at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to review Nira Caledonia on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly share your comments with our team. I was surprised to read your comments with regard to the value you have stated to stay at the hotel. We do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a 2 night break at this hotel. We have stayed here before, last time in the jacuzzi suite and this time in a petite double as part of a wowcher deal. The service has been continuously good. Staff are friendly and courteous. The rooms are decorated nicely. Our room this time was a little on the small side and we were on the top floor (wouldn't normally bother me but there is no lift and walking up 3 flights of stairs after a long day walking around the city was quite tiresome).
Breakfast is good, lots of choice, my only gripe would be that as its run by Europeans, you get streaky bacon- what is with that?!
We ate in the restaurant one night as part of our deal. Food was lovely, again the only thing which I could comment on in a negative way was that we were enjoying the night and finishing off our bottle of wine when the staff started setting up a big table and it was clear we were in the way. We were then asked to move. We were finished so I feel they could have waited a few mins longer rather than annoying us.
Late check out available, no probs at all.
All in all would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Janette N, Director of Sales at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Nira Caledonia on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking time to give us your feedback on your visit and for your lovely comments about the hotel and food. I have spoken to our restaurant manager an do apologise for the inconvenience of moving your table. We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and please be assured all your great feedback has been relayed to all our team members. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Thank you so much to the staff of this lovely hotel, a short walk from Edinburgh city centre with lovely staff and comfortable rooms. The food was excellent and good value, we had a lovely weekend and the staff couldn't do enough for us. I had left my mobile phone charger in the room on Sunday and the staff were very quick to confirm it had been left and it arrived back at my home address today. Thank you so much for a lovely and memorable weekend.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Nira Caledonia on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking time to give us your feedback on your visit and for your lovely comments about our staff and location. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Really nice hotel. Stayed a few times for various reasons and I'm always impressed. Rooms are striking and beds always comfy. Breakfast is good. Parking outside (and just round the corner) is free overnight too.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Many thanks for the recent review you placed on TripAdvisor. It is always great to receive feedback from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Nira Caledonia sometime soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed here for three nights in January for my 21st birthday and loved it, we had the Jacuzzi suite which was pricey but worth the money for a special occasion. The room was decorated beautifully, the bed was huge and very comfortable. We were offered breakfast in bed for no extra charge which was a nice touch. The hotel is very central and can walk into the city in a matter of minutes. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Janette N, Director of Sales at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Nira Caledonia on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay to celebrate your 21st birthday. We appreciate you taking time to give us your feedback on your visit and for your lovely comments about the little touches to make your stay even more enjoyable and that we're in the perfect location for exploring Edinburgh. I have shared your comments with the team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nira Caledonia