Nira Caledonia
  • Room Service
US$144
US$134
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$276
  • Bar/Lounge
The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
US$193
US$148
  • Room Service
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$142
Agoda.com
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$80
  • Bar/Lounge
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$115
US$107
Hotels.com
1,215 results
All reviewsjacuzzi suiteprivate gardennespresso machineboutique hotelchateaubriandstockbridge arealovely hotelno liftlisted buildingturn down serviceon arrivalsmall hoteltop floorquiet streetgeorge streetfull scottish breakfasta wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The hotel was comfortable,we paid extra for exetutive room which was lovely, and had a good view of the city. The room was on the other side of the building so you had to come out side to go to the resturant ect (and it was freezing!)
Food was average,we was on a deal but the menu was very basic,so we paid small charge for main menu. Cooked breakfast was small and we waited quite a long time, and it was not what I ordered!
The hotel is a long walk from Princes st, and it is all uphill, as my husband has a heart condition this was not ideal, but the hotel were very helpfull in getting us taxis.
But overall we had a lovey stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room in main building with view over city.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Janette N, Director of Sales at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Nira Caledonia on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking time to give us your feedback on your visit and for your comments about the hotel and location. I have spoken to our Restaurant Manager regarding the attention to detail for your breakfast and do apologise that it was not what you ordered. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit overall and look forward to welcoming you back to Nira Caledonia sometime soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

From the moment we arrived for our weekend break we were delighted with this hotel. The staff were professional and attentive, the suite was spacious and beautifully decorated. I especially liked that the radio was playing Classic FM when we arrived in the suite! Little extras like the coffee machine and the iPod dock were very welcome. (I like listening to music while relaxing so usually have to pack my own iPod dock) The wardrobe was small and the hangers kept jambing in the door but this is a minor irritation. The bathroom was small compared to the size of the room but was well fitted-out. Although it took two of us about 10 minutes to figure out how to turn the tap on to run a bath!
Breakfast was good. The scrambled eggs were delicious. However, I like black puddings to be earthy and wholesome, not tiny little designer rounds on the plate!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Nira Caledonia on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking time to give us your feedback on your visit and for your lovely comments about the hotel bedrooms and breakfast. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and please be assured all your great feedback has been relayed to all our team members. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Stayed for two nights with my brother in law and his wife. We all enjoyed the stay, good food (breakfast especially), nice clean rooms. The staff were friendly and helpful, no complaints.
However I left behind an item on the bedside cabinet that was of great sentimental value to me ( no monetary value). The housekeeping and staff have not been able to locate this and because if this our stay was completely spoiled. Entirely my fault for leaving it but I'd hoped it would be returned. So we will not be returning

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Gwyneth H

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel on TripAdvisor. I know that you have been in contact with our Manager and she is liaising directly with you regarding this.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Comfortable, spotless, super breakfast, and fresh apples for guests in the hallways a nice welcoming touch. Staf courteous, knowlegeable and most helpful. Not a regular in the city, but would certainly consider coming here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review following your recent visit to Nira Caledonia. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had time to make full use of our facilities, from our delicious Scottish breakfast to the little touches, like the apples, that we do to help make your stay more enjoyable. Your comments regarding the cleanliness, professionalism and warmth of service from my colleagues are especially appreciated and it will be a pleasure to share your comments with them. We look forward to seeing you back at Nira Caledonia sometime soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

I have regularly stayed in this hotel with work and the rooms are so nicely decorated, clean and homely and so much attention to detail has gone in to making this hotel so luxurious. Each time I stay I must admit that I feel thoroughly spoilt with such lovely surroundings. I love this place and continue to come back here time and time again!.This place never disappoints and I always get a superb night sleep in the comfy beds. This hotel is really central and the staff are always so welcoming and friendly. I highly recommend this place and it is terrific value for money

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review following your recent visit to Nira Caledonia. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay. Your comments regarding the decor of our rooms and the warmth of service from my colleagues are especially appreciated and it will be a pleasure to share you feedback with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Nira Caledonia again sometime soon.