We booked this through WOWcher - 2 nights incl. breakfast, 1 evening meal and champagne.
Parking could be a little tricky but it's free at the weekend (£2 per hour up to 4 hours in the week) and we managed to park ok. Quiet location, 10 minute walk from town.
Receptionist, in fact all staff, we're very friendly and helpful.
Our room (number 8) was on the top floor (up 60+ steps) at the back. It was quite small and didn't have the high ceilings that all the other floors had, but the view was excellent and the decor was very nice.
The room had a minibar, bottled water, large tv, ipod docking station, hair dryer, krupps coffee maker, tea making facilities, fabric brush, proper coat hangers, shoe horn, ample biscuits, excellent shower, jacuzzi bath, nice toiletries and so on. It was a little cold at first but we turned the radiator up and it soon heated up. The thick curtains allowed a good nights sleep however the bed was a little short for us at 5'10" and 6'4" tall.
Breakfast was excellent although we had to prompt the waitress for many things - milk for our tea, butter for our toast, mustard for our breakfast etc.
We ate the sea bass in the evening. This too was excellent and the waiter was very friendly and helpful.
For what we paid, this was an excellent hotel - a beautiful Georgian building with very helpful staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland