Having stayed here before and been disappointed, we came back following a discussion with the new Management. We were not disappointed. In fact it was truly magnificent. The whole atmosphere of the hotel has changed for the better and the staff make you really feel at home.
The room we stayed in was huge , with a massive bed and a jacuzzi bath, along with a bathroom with bath and shower. The windows are massive and look out onto the quiet street.
Once again, the food in the hotel was magnificent - the chef even came out to ensure we enjoyed our meal. The quality of the food is underlined by the quality of the ingredients. We ate in the hotel two nights and had a great meal. The staff in the restaurant were excellent, with a great knowledge of the menu and gave great advice on the wine to go with our meals.
All in all, the changes the new management have implemented have completely reversed our perception of the hotel and we are definitely coming back to the Nira Caledonia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland