Our family recently spent 5 nights at the Nira Caledonia - one room for our children and suite for ourselves. The location is wonderful- walking distance to all the major sights and very close to the best shopping yet in a more residential area close to cute farmers' market, the water of Leith pathway for running or strolling and the National Museum of Modern Art I and II.
The front desk couldn't have done more for us- everything from arranging taxis, to recommending restaurants, etc. The breakfast was wonderful and the star was very eager to help. The rooms were luxuriously comfortable although I must say we could hear our neighbors clearly through the walls. We had a glitch trying to figure out the bathtub (too many nozzles for us!) and they offered us a bottle of wonderful New Zealand sauvignon blanc to compensate.
The hotel is small and cozy so you are certainly not just a number. They remembered our preferences for still or sparking water and which tea we liked in the morning. The Scottish breakfast buffet and hot breakfast choices were excellent- we usually didn't need any lunch afterwards.
Our kids had room service meals several evenings and were very happy with them. I would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland