My partner took me here for a birthday surprise and we loved it!
We stayed for one night in The Wilson Suite and we were blown away with the size and pure elegance of the room. The room was special it didn't feel like a hotel, everything was top quality and styled to perfection.
The staff were lovely, friendly and professional, I think it was Shon who was there when we arrived and when we left. We were given a warm welcome with a glass of champagne to our room. My partner doesn't drink so I enjoyed them both ;) We were in walking distance to City Centre so we went out for dinner.
We had breakfast in the Nira and it was fantastic, not only can you pick a meal from the menu but there was a very classy breakfast buffet, which had fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal and pastry. YUM! I had the full Scottish/English breakfast, some fruit and a few croissants. Everything was so fresh and cooked to perfection. The coffee was really nice too.
This was such a special birthday gift, really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland