Nira Caledonia
US$384
US$247
Waldorf Astoria
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
Agoda.com
US$847
US$681
1,227 results
All reviewsjacuzzi suiteprivate gardennespresso machineboutique hotelchateaubriandstockbridge arealovely hotelno liftlisted buildingturn down serviceon arrivalsmall hoteltop floorquiet streetgeorge streetfull scottish breakfasta wonderful stay
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Took my girlfriend for her 21st. The staff greeted us on arrival and were given free hot drinks while we waited on the room. Taken to our Jacuzzi room and were given complimentary champagne the hotel was amazing with a touch of class throughout. Felt like royalty and the bed was comfy with duckfeather pillows and duvet. Wanted to stay another night and would recommend to anyone! Breakfast was superb. Overall a great stay and would definately return!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanielM1992
RoryGM, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Hello Daniel1992
Really was great to be able to look after you both I your girlfriends 21st. It was nice to meet you both and I'm glad you enjoyed room 1006 . It has the biggest Jacuzzi and is a firm favourite since refurbishment. I hope to welcome you back to Nira Caledonia soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Just returned after a 2 night break... It was fantastic. We went for relaxation and tranquility a d that's what we got.

The staff are very professional and charming who helped with anything.
Our room was luxurious 1011, we struggled to get up the bed was so comfortable wanted to take it home with me...! Breakfast was scummy very fresh with use of local foods.
Location was great very easy to get into town but also great to walk into Stockbridge where you will find some great bars resturants shops to visit.

Will be planning a return visit can't wait.
Loved our stay thanks to you all

1  Thank Lucie S
RoryGM, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Well LucieS
What can I say? Our location is stunning and StockBridge is a hidden gem for both bars and restaurants but also it's widely regarded by those in the know as "cool Edinburgh "
Thank for taking the time to post a lovely review , it helps us all know that we are going in the right direction. 1011 is one of our refurbished Jacuzzi Suites and it has a stunning typical Edinburgh view with sash windows and cobbled streets. I bet it was bliss. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

It is unusual to find a hotel that you consider to be "faultless" but the Nira Caledonia is one such rare and wonderful hotel. I booked a single room and was expecting a small room with a single bed pushed up against a wall but I found a sumptuous and sophisticated room with white Egyptian cotton sheets, the world's most comfortable mattress (I almost tore off the sheets looking for the manufacturer's label") a Nespresso machine, a well stocked fridge, music, guidebooks. The bathroom was a sight to behold, an amazingly powerful shower with beautiful toiletries. The manager is lovely and clearly a bit of a character...he sent up a complimentary drink. Breakfast didn't disappoint either...the jams come from the local farmer's market, the sausages and eggs are clearly not your run of the mill fare...I would say they were organic and from a local farm. There was a wonderful selection of croissants and breads. The staff are great...they offered good advice on getting round the City and lent me a phone charger. Well I know where I will be staying for my next trip to Edinburgh! Thanks for such a wonderful time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sophietate

Hello Sophietate
Nice little review, can't really ask for more . From our side it's just a joy to take 5 minutes during a day to read the new reviews , it gives the whole team a real boost. Sounds to me like you had a great stay and have made full use of all our amenities and thanks for mentioning the Nira Breakfast, as you say it's all local and sourced at our Stockbridge farmers market and or Stockbridge artisan shops. I'm glad you received the complimentary drink it sent you as a return guest. I do hope to welcome you back sometime soon. Kind regards "The Manager" ( I'm a bit of a character )

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We have just returned home today from a 2 night stay at this lovely hotel. Our room, The Scot Suite was fantastic with its own private garden (definitely a first for us!). The furnishings and attention to detail is just amazing. Breakfast was excellent - full Scottish breakfast both mornings for us. The staff are not just professionally attentive, but the friendliest we have encountered anywhere. Hope to back later in the year and take better advantage of the garden!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
RoryGM, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hi TeresaG
Your review title is a BIG claim.. There are a lot of nice hotels in Edinburgh bit thank you for saying you think we are the best. I enjoyed meeting you both and I love the fact you both had sore heads from the day before, means you properly relaxed and enjoyed a few whiskeys. Breakfast at Nira Caledonia is important, we source all our sausages and bacon from a local butcher, our Jams and preserves come from the farmers market every Sunday and all our breads are sourced from an artisan bakery in Stockbridge, all these things make the perfect Scottish breakfast, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed here during the weekend of 22nd March 2014 after having a previous bad experience. We were personally invited back to see the changes and what a turnaround!
The service is exceptional and most of the rooms have been renovated. The reception and bar area has still to be refurbished, however we cannot wait to see this when complete. The hotel is now very much worth it's 5stars!

The staff couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful. A special thank you to Rory the hotel GM for looking after us and very much meeting our expectations and returning the hotel to its former glory

Hello LouiseB227
What a nice review , I'm so glad that we had the opportunity to show you just how the hotel has changed since takeover by Nira and that you loved the room (Scott suite ). It was great to meet you both , i do hope you enjoyed your lunch out and that your evening was a good one. We are aiming to deliver a guest centric experience within a truly boutique hotel so all the staff have read your review today and are happy we have won you back as a regular guest.