We have stayed here twice in the past 6 months, once in December to celebrate my husbands 30th birthday and just this week to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. The location is excellent for both Stockbridge and George Street. We thoroughly enjoyed it both times and will inevitably stay again in the future. I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel and the staff. The restaurant is also amazing but it deserves a review in its own right, but I must mention the delicious breakfasts served here included in the price of the room.
I believe we stayed in room 1008 the first time, this is a beautiful vast suite which we were swiftly moved too after the heating was not working in our first suite. Most recently we stayed in an executive room (606) as I wanted something a little cosier than before. The rooms are beautiful, every room is individual which adds to the charm of the hotel. Only problem with that is I now want to pop my head in all of them to find my favourite for next time. Only a couple of niggling things, 1008 doesn't have a full length mirror or a socket near a mirror to dry your hair-although I'm sure if I had have asked they would have brought me an extension(or a mirror).
Both times we have visited the service from Rory and his team has been second to none, they are extremely welcoming and accommodating adding personal touches here and there along the way. From initial contact with the hotel to the moment you leave, the staff are nothing short of excellent. They will help in any way they can whether it be recommendations of bars and restaurants or directions. The water brought to the room on an evening and the tunnocks teacakes are just a couple of examples of what sets this hotel apart from the rest.
We have stayed in a couple of other 5* hotels in Edinburgh but this is now the only one I will consider. We look forward to our next visit :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland