My husband and I stayed here for during our babymoon and had a fabulous time! The room was comfortable and well appointed! It was furnished with modern amenities while maintaining, it's old world charm, our room had a great view of the garden and it was quite nice to be able to look out the floor to ceiling window in the morning while sipping on a cup of tea. My only complaint was that there were no elevators to take us to our rooms and we had a bit of luggage since we were traveling for two weeks! The room was a bit small, but that is to be expected with a boutique hotel.
The staff at the front desk was extremely helpful when we had an issue with our credit cards and had to call our bank from overseas! They made great recommendations as to where to go for dinner and which historical sights were worth the visit!
The complimentary Scottish breakfast was excellent, the service was quick and the food selection was vast, I was told that everything on the menu was sourced locally, which you could really taste. It's truly a great way to start off your day. I highly recommend the smoked salmon and eggs, it was simply divine. The dining room is busy in the morning, but I'm glad we were able to take our time without feeling rushed, go earlier if you want a quiet breakfast.
All in all, we really enjoyed our stay, I wish Nira Caledonia was a little closer to all the attractions, but it was fairly simple to get a taxi back to our room! We would definitely stay here again, if we are ever back in Edinburgh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland