We wholeheartedly endorse the many other positive reviews for this hotel. My wife and I ended up visiting Edinburgh on a last minute lark. We found this hotel on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed.
Our room was very small, but very tastefully appointed. The bathroom was cramped (like being on a cruise ship), but had a spectacular shower with ultra-modern sink and toilet. Everything was spotless and the beds with crispy sheets were exceptionally comfortable.
Note that we had selected the least expensive room available. We saw other rooms at this hotel that were much larger and more luxurious. You have lots of options if you are willing to spend the money.
The breakfast, which was included in the room rate, was outstanding. There was a buffet with fresh breads and assorted cheeses, meats, smoked salmon, jams, etc..... In addition, you had the option to order a full Scottish breakfast.
The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. One great tip we got was to go to the local farmer's market, which takes place every Sunday from 10AM - 5PM, on block from the hotel. We are food freaks. This was the cutest farmers market that we have ever encountered, with a vendor cooking fresh paella, a fishmonger, etc. Do NOT miss this market if you are in Edinburgh on a weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland