Ourselves and all our family took advantage of the groupon deal to spend the weekend in Edinburgh. We had 4 rooms. They were all clean and tidy and the beds were comfy. We had the smallest room on the top floor. Its a beautiful old building with great features. As its old it didn't have double glazing so suffered slightly with the road noise but after a good few drinks slept fine anyway. Family in the back rooms say it was nice and quiet so if you're a light sleeper would advise to ask for those rooms. Yes the shower pump is noisy but not worth getting upset over and in fact the shower was hot and powerful and the noise just drowned out my wifes awful singing in the shower which is a good thing. The breakfast was amazing. The portion size was perfect as I was not over stuffed and nothing went to waste. The owner is a lovely woman with a big smile for you. All the staff were lovely and nothing was too much for them. Taxi prices to town was between £8 and £12 but think it varied as the drivers seemed to take the longer routes at first until we got our bearings. Edinburgh was a beautiful place and our stay was made even better by this lovely guest house. Thank you so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alba Hills Guest House is an elegant Victorian house with many original features, we are a family run Guest House offering friendly and welcoming hospitality, clean and comfortable rooms, and tasty hot breakfast in the morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Alba Hills Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alba Hills Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Alba Hills Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland