“More then what i thought”

Alba Hills Guest House
Ranked #97 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 February 2014

i stayed in alba hills guest house for two nights. I was welcome by the guy at the reception (sorry forgot his name). He provided me all the basic information about the places to be seen in Edinburgh. I will never forget their breakfast. i wasnt expecting it to be that great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Muhammad T
albahills, Manager at Alba Hills Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and send your feedback on your stay at Alba Hills Guest House. We are delighted we manage to make your stay pleasant and you enjoyed our breakfast and we will be delighted to welcome you again in the future. From all the team thank you very much.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed in the Alba Hills Guest House for two days and we had a very, very nice time. Before we decided to book, the junior director showed us the room and all facilities, explained the breakfast options and gave us a restaurant tip for dinner. We felt really welcome. Our room was located in the ground floor and had its own facilities. The breakfast was rich and the staff really caring. We had a wonderful time and if we will ever come back to Edinburgh, we will surely stay in the Alba Hills!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank JuMi2013
albahills, Manager at Alba Hills Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments and positive feedback, it is the best reward and incentive to our work. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and in Edinburgh and we will be delighted to have the opportunity of welcome you again in the future. We will try to keep improving and all our guests feedback is really valuable. Thank you from all the Alba Hills Team.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed at this B&B with my fiance for two nights over a weekend. We received a warm welcome from the wonderful woman who essentially runs the entire place (I apologize - I have forgotten the name). She was immediately helpful with directions, especially how to use the very good bus system (she even provided a printout of which bus numbers to use). There's a bus stop within about a 1-2 minute walk of the house and all the buses take you directly to the Royal Mile for just 1.5 GBP. Side note - the buses take exact change only.

We stayed in the single room on the first floor which comes with its own bathroom. In the morning you can hear a little bit of commotion outside as the room is located between the dining room (where you have a delicious breakfast) and the kitchen. This wasn't a huge deal, especially if you get up at a decent time.

Finally, this B&B is located just over a mile from Arthur's Seat. It's an easy walk/job over there to climb the hill.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya B

Thank you so much for your review and your feedback. We are happy we manage to make your stay with us and in Edinburgh enjoyable and we hope to have the opportunity to do so again. Your feedback is the best source for us to keep improving our guests comfort and we will try to find solutions for a better insulation of the ground floor room. From all the Alba Hills Guest House Team: thank you and thank you from all the future Edinburgh visitors for your tips.

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Let me just say, I'm overwhelmed! I stayed at this guest house for one night, before I had to leave Scotland and was really sad about it, but the owner welcomed me so friendly, showed me everything and was such a kind and lovely person! I had to leave for the airport really early, so he actually made breakfast ready the night before and stored it, so I could eat that early in the morning. Most hotels would just tell you that you can't get breakfast before 8! So friendly and helpful, thank you so, so much!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank scotlandtrail
albahills, Manager at Alba Hills Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you so much to you for taking the time to write the review and for your kind comments, it is the best reward to our job and hospitality and they mean lots to all the Alba Hills team. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Scotland and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you at our house for a longer stay.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Alba Hills Guest House is a short bus trip to the centre of Edinburgh, or a pleasan 20-30 minute walk.

The B & is very comfortable, with good facilities and a decent-sized bedroom and bathroom.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and an excellent Scottish breakfast (or continental if you prefer) was served each morning.

I'd defintitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
albahills, Manager at Alba Hills Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you very much for your review and positive feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and in Edinburgh and we are looking forward already to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This was my third year staying here while visiting the Fringe Festival and it won't be my last. I was there for five days.
Itziar and the rest of the staff are very welcoming and attentive. I stayed in a single en suite room which was cleaned every day and you couldn't be made to feel more welcome. A huge breakfast sets you up for the day and buses run from right outside the door to the town, which is only a 10 minute ride. I have stayed at other B and B's in Edinburgh but this is now my preferred place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
albahills, Manager at Alba Hills Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review on your last stay in Alba Hills. We were really happy to see you again and to be able to have your advice on the Edinburgh shows. We are delighted we manage to make your stay in Edinburgh comfortable and enjoyable and we are looking forward to see you next year.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We have just stayed at the Alba Guest House over the weekend.
On arrival we were shown to a very nice room with all the facilities you wouls expext.
One on the staff gave use a map of the bus routes ant explainte the faires.
Breakfast was ideal , full english if required or a vast choice of everthing you could want.
I would stay there again and recomend it to all my friend,s

Room Tip: Sorry ticked fitness but they dont have one its only a guest house