“Fantastic Stay..”

Edinburgh Regency Guest House
Ranked #200 of 395 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights with my husband for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We couldn't have been treated any better if we were Royalty.
The owners and staff alike were always pleasant and very helpful.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants 5 star treatment at 3 star prices.
well worth the money. Spotlesley clean and couldn't fault it.
And cant wait to back again in the near future

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at the Edinburgh regency guest house and the hotel atmosphere was very welcoming. The staff were very polite and helpful and one guy even helped me to take my luggage to my room. I was staying on the second floor and the room was spotless, the bed was clean and I had a very comfortable stay.

I was told beforehand what they served for breakfast and the food was up to standard.

If your coming to Edinburgh for a short visit and want a reasonable price hotel, Edinburgh regency guest house is the perfect place to come and stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed at the Edinburgh regency guest house on a work visit. Staff are really helpful and friendly, rooms are spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated with anything you could need in the room. City centre a 20 minute walk and restaurants a short walk away. Due to my early start I wasn't able to sample the traditional Scottish breakfast that starts at 8am but they were able to provide a continental breakfast instead.
A couple of points to watch for... I was in room 1 which I found was noisy through comings and goings of other guests, door bells and phone ringing thought the night. There are only 3 car parking spaces available which may become tricky during peak periods, as I discovered on my arrival 2 family cars can fill the space, but parking was arranged at the next door hotel. Also be aware of the spot light above the shower, it becomes very hot quickly, and I left with a momentum of my stay.
Would I stay again... Yes, in a high floor room, when I can arrive early to guarantee a parking space :-)

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed two nights at the Regency with my son, and his fiancée. On arrival, there seemed a little confusion on who we were, but got sorted out okay. The chap who met us, was good enough to carry our bags to our rooms, which was a nice touch. The rooms we had were clean, adequately furnished, and had adequate facilities which included tea, coffee, etc. Breakfast was lovely.
The only things I would say on a downside, is that the staff weren't the usual friendly people I've usually dealt with, although they were pleasant enough. The bathroom of my room had two bulbs missing, which was a little annoying, but not detrimental by any means. The bed was comfortable, and very clean. Maybe more than just two teabags would have been a nice touch, and in the dining room, maybe teapots as is usually the case, would have been better than the self-service tea arrangement. Overall it's a pleasant abode, and a clean and comfortable enough stay. The city and castle are only 5 minutes away by car.

Room Tip: Myself and my son and his fiancée were right on the top floor, which as I have arthritis in my knees...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Palsal
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The staffs were polite and helpful. The room was very nice. Breakfast was good. Overall is great value for money. The only downside is the plumbing system in the toilet. There's a bus stop just in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose this, if you are with few friends that are on budget.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ryokozorba
Reviewed 6 April 2013

First day my friends and I arrived and we were greeted by the receptionist very warmly. Our room was beautiful and perfect for the 4 of us. All the amenities were working perfectly and tea and coffee were also provided in the bedroom. Breakfast was delicious and the service was excellent.

I think the only downside is that the hotel is not that close to the city centre although you can take the bus that is literally 1 min away from the hotel.

Overall, loved the place and definitely value for money!

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage make sure you stay on a lower floor as there are no lifts.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank WazirAziz88
Reviewed 5 April 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights here in March 2013. The staff were helpful but very hands-off. Not so much a family run place as you would normally get with a B&B, I think the owner has hired a bunch of folks to run it. So the people you deal with aren't all that friendly and don't give that special touch, not that it's a deal breaker.

Breakfast was plentiful, you could ask for a cooked breakfast if you could flag down one of the busy staff guys.

We had a room downstairs. We were below the kitchen, so from about 7am every day there was a lot of clattering above us (wooden floors). Had to use earplugs so I could sleep a bit longer. The room was very nice, seemed newly renovated or redecorated. The bathroom was big and very clean. There was a kettle with tea/coffee stuff.

We had to get a twin room since we booked late and there were no doubles. The beds were a bit too hard, even though I like a firm mattress. Also, the beds were on wheels and the floor was a laminate/wood floor, so anytime you move in bed the bed moves too! Couldn't sit up in bed to watch TV or it would roll away from the wall and the pillows would fall down the back of the bed! I found this annoying after 3 nights.

But other than these minor things, it was a lovely place to stay. It was a 15/20 minute walk into town, about 15 minutes to the castle.

I think this place would be a safe bet for anyone traveling to Edinburgh for a few days.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple