“Fantastic stay!”

Ranked #159 of 444 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

This is my 2nd stay at the Edinburgh Regency and I was not disappointed with my stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much for them. The breakfast service was wonderful and there was plenty of variety to choose from. Our room was lovely and we were given complimentary chocolates and a champagne bottle when the owners found out it was our anniversary! Lovely! This guest house has a friendly, warm and welcoming environment and it is very clean. Will definately come and stay here again and would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: If you need a specific room just ask and the staff who are very friendly and will try to accommodate...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natasha P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Our first visit to this brilliant little guest house in Edinburgh. Close to the city centre and was only a 15 minute bus journey with buses very frequent and the bus stop was right outside the guest house. Breakfast was brill! with a superb selection of hot and cold food for breakfast it made for a great start to the day, Staff were great , attentive and always willing help. Great value! will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights with my husband for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We couldn't have been treated any better if we were Royalty.
The owners and staff alike were always pleasant and very helpful.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants 5 star treatment at 3 star prices.
well worth the money. Spotlesley clean and couldn't fault it.
And cant wait to back again in the near future

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at the Edinburgh regency guest house and the hotel atmosphere was very welcoming. The staff were very polite and helpful and one guy even helped me to take my luggage to my room. I was staying on the second floor and the room was spotless, the bed was clean and I had a very comfortable stay.

I was told beforehand what they served for breakfast and the food was up to standard.

If your coming to Edinburgh for a short visit and want a reasonable price hotel, Edinburgh regency guest house is the perfect place to come and stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed at the Edinburgh regency guest house on a work visit. Staff are really helpful and friendly, rooms are spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated with anything you could need in the room. City centre a 20 minute walk and restaurants a short walk away. Due to my early start I wasn't able to sample the traditional Scottish breakfast that starts at 8am but they were able to provide a continental breakfast instead.
A couple of points to watch for... I was in room 1 which I found was noisy through comings and goings of other guests, door bells and phone ringing thought the night. There are only 3 car parking spaces available which may become tricky during peak periods, as I discovered on my arrival 2 family cars can fill the space, but parking was arranged at the next door hotel. Also be aware of the spot light above the shower, it becomes very hot quickly, and I left with a momentum of my stay.
Would I stay again... Yes, in a high floor room, when I can arrive early to guarantee a parking space :-)

• Stayed April 2013
Keighley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed two nights at the Regency with my son, and his fiancée. On arrival, there seemed a little confusion on who we were, but got sorted out okay. The chap who met us, was good enough to carry our bags to our rooms, which was a nice touch. The rooms we had were clean, adequately furnished, and had adequate facilities which included tea, coffee, etc. Breakfast was lovely.
The only things I would say on a downside, is that the staff weren't the usual friendly people I've usually dealt with, although they were pleasant enough. The bathroom of my room had two bulbs missing, which was a little annoying, but not detrimental by any means. The bed was comfortable, and very clean. Maybe more than just two teabags would have been a nice touch, and in the dining room, maybe teapots as is usually the case, would have been better than the self-service tea arrangement. Overall it's a pleasant abode, and a clean and comfortable enough stay. The city and castle are only 5 minutes away by car.

Room Tip: Myself and my son and his fiancée were right on the top floor, which as I have arthritis in my knees...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Palsal
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

The staffs were polite and helpful. The room was very nice. Breakfast was good. Overall is great value for money. The only downside is the plumbing system in the toilet. There's a bus stop just in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose this, if you are with few friends that are on budget.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends