Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh
US$336
US$215
US$107
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$93
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$119
US$111
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgeorge streetatlantis roomsunken bathcairo suitedirty martinishanghai clubnightclub downstairsjunior suiteon arrivalboutique hoteldouble showerbreakfast in bedfabulous hotelwould recommend this hotel to anyonefantastic staybirthday treatthe heart of the city
Reviewed 28 November 2013

First visit to Edinburgh and the Le Monde Hotel. Fantastic place to visit. people very friendly and helpful in all the stores we visited. Brilliant hotel centrally located stayed for three nights in the Cairo room - loved it! especially the large bath. Fantastic stay. staff couldn't do enough for us. Lovely clean rooms. Welcome from reception on our arrival was great. Had breakfast in the hotel lovely and clean - Food excellent. We will definitely return to the Le Monde and try out the other rooms. Well done to all the staff!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mike A, Manager at Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Thank you Lorraine & Tony for your kind review. Edinburgh is indeed a friendly city and we enjoy carrying that great Scottish hospitality throughout Le Monde. I have passed your positive comments to the whole team here and they are delighted with your feedback!

It was a pleasure meeting you both and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Found this hotel on google and glad I did. Stayed in the
'Atlantis' room with a friend which was very pleasant. The view wasn't great but the room itself was very nice. Would definitely like to experience some of the other individually designed rooms.
The staff were extremely friendly and a lady at reception recommended a great place around the corner for us to have dinner. Stay on a Sunday night and you get £50 to spend in the very trendy cocktail bar attached to the hotel which has a great wine selection and good cocktails too. Breakfast is served in the same bar / restaurant and was great too, we even had lunch their. Will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our "Perfect Sunday" package is a great deal and we will be running this offer again next year.

Look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Having read the mainly positive reviews on Trip Advisor of Le Monde, we stayed for one night at this boutique hotel in Edinburgh with city themed rooms. I am afraid I was a little disappointed. I felt it had a touch of arrogance with both the overall feel and I believed the staff at times at that arrogance. The both meals we had, dinner and breakfast lacked taste and were lack lustre. We stayed in the Bejing room and it felt cold in feel and had very little appeal.

I always judge a hotel on whether I would return to enjoy the experience and I am afraid on my visit to Le Monde I am afraid I wouldn't return.

A positive of this hotel is that it is centrally located within the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kevin B
Mike A, Manager at Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Le Monde. I am disappointed to hear that our Beijing room was not to your taste. We have had great feedback from other guests who have stayed in this room recently but with each of our 18 rooms being individually designed it sometimes happens that we allocate the wrong room to the right people!

With regards to staff attitudes I am very concerned that you found them to be arrogant. We have a great team of hard working staff here. We pride ourselves on employing people who enjoy customer service and who will always go that extra mile. If there is a weak link in the chain I would like to know about it. If you would be so kind to email me directly to ellaborate on this it would be very much appreciated: mike.allan@lemondehotel.co.uk

Lastly, I do hope you will change your mind and give us another try one day. I would only ask that you contact us directly if booking and we will be delighted to talk you through our different themes and room types and allow us to select a room that is perfect for you!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a friday night to celebrate our anniversary in LA suite. Champagne on arrival and suite was fantastic looking. Not quite up to my ocd clean standards but nothing to complain about. The GIANT bath with brilliant. Restuarant was decent. Nothing spectacular but a good dinner. I asked for a non alcoholic cocktail as none on the menu and got a very good virgin mojito. atmosphere and look of the bar was great. You could hear some noise from the bar/club when trying to sleep but it was bearable and I expected it in a club hotel in central edinburgh. Need a better mattress on the bed. It was 2 singles pushed together and there was a clear seam felt plus they did turn in so got rolled onto the seam. Decent breakfast although there was a bit of a morning after a party smell and staff still cleaning up and organising for the next night

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review Le Monde. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay on the whole. We embrace guest feedback and will certainly be using your comments constructively as we strive to continually improve our service and guest experience.

The beds you mentioned are executive zip and link which many hotels use to accomodate double and twin bookings but we are currently adding in georgous matress toppers to enhance our sleeping experience. Hope you will make it back again soon to experience the difference!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here for my 30th Birthday in the New York suite & enjoyed every single moment of the stay. The staff were extremely friendly & accommodating & certainly helped make our experience memorable which is what the weekend was all about.

The suite was luxurious & the location excellent for shopping & sight seeing.

We are already planning our next trip back!

• Stayed: November 2013
Mike A, Manager at Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We are delighted that we managed to make your time at Le Monde enjoyable and memorable!

If we can be of any further assistance when planning your next trip please do not hesitate to contact us directly.