“Excellent hotel with friendly staff. Lively bar.”

Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #87 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was impressed with the room. It was clean and had all the facilities you would expect.

The bar was lively and adequetly staffed. Restaurant need to brush up on their menu as I had to go out to dine.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here for 2 nights to celebrate our third wedding anniversary.

It is a really lovely hotel and we were staying in the Barcelona room. I wasn't a fan of the floral wallpaper it looked a bit cheap to me but the huge funky mirror on the wall luckily covered a lot of it!! The room was probably smaller than I expected but it didn't really bother me. The bathroom was lovely, the shower was really powerful and the bath was big. Decorated beautifully too!

Unfortunately on the Friday night I heard the sound of a load of glass being poured into a bin at least four times because the room is right near a club, which for the price of the room I certainly wouldn't have expected. Luckily it didn't wake us up.

The hotel is in a great location quite central for the shops and a short walk from the railway station. I would stay here again but would definitely request a different room.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in many hotels but this one is the true wow-experience! Staff is amazing! Very service minded, kind and helpful. They even surprised us with a birthday card and champagne when they learned it was my husbands birthday. We stayed in the room "Reykjavik" and it was so nice!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I've now stayed in this hotel three times and I mad surprised I have never reviewed it.
The staff are amazing, it doesn't matter what the issue - from calling to get a DVD or because your bath is missing a plug - they are quit and helpful.

First stay was in St Petersburg, a lovely smaller room with a seat window. Looks over edinburgh rooftops, such a peaceful place. It felt a million miles away from home (I only stay 20 miles away).

The second stay we opted for Barcelona. Room again was lovely.... Until the club downstairs closed. The normal chatter of people
Waving the club in the early hours was to be expected but nit the constant sound of breaking bottles being emptied into the bins half the night. I actually came home and fell asleep.

We did return, mid week, in hope of a quieter time. As despite the above there is something lovely about the hotel. New York this time, perfect for a winters day exploring the winter wonderland and returning to the massive double shower.

Lovely place if you want a hotel with some character.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank obsessed_monkey
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We arrived for a one night stay and was impressed from the start. A real quirky hotel with very friendly staff. We was checked in by Rebecca who was very friendly and welcoming. She showed us the available rooms which were all individually decorated and all amazing. We decided on Havana which was a lovely room with a nice view onto George street. We stopped to eat in the hotel restaurant that night and had an amazing meal and was again met with friendly staff. Overall a very nice stay and will return again ASAP.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here in November last year and although I always meant to leave a review, it slipped my mind until now because we are considering another stay in April this year. From the moment we arrived at Le Monde, the customer service was amazing. From the advice given on local bars/restaurants/things to do over our complimentary glass of champagne when we checked in to the moment we checked out, we felt really taken care of. We stayed in Beijing and although I thought that the room was a little worn in places, it was decorated beautifully and I cant fault the cleanliness of the room or the amazing rainfall shower in the bathroom! We ate in the hotel on the Saturday night and received a lovely complimentary bottle of prosecco and card. The food was exceptional. We also tried Shanghai nightclub under the hotel and enjoyed the fact we could skip the queue and sit in the VIP section. Breakfast both days was great (we chose to have it served in bed which was great), and I especially enjoyed the small macaroon that was served with the tea.

Overall it was a wonderful stay, made all the better by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff on reception and hotel manager. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We had a great stay - lovely room and very helpful staff, but you can pretty much forget sleeping on a Friday or Saturday night because of the club downstairs. It was so loud from our room it was as though we were in the club.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Snuffyball888
LeMonde_Manager, Manager at Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Hi,

I am so pleased to hear you found our staff helpful and enjoyed the luxuries of your room. As you mentioned the hotel can experience some noise. We are located right in the heart of Edinburgh and we are a busy, vibrant venue with three busy bars on two levels and a nightclub in the basement. If you wish to contact the reception and ask for me directly I will ensure you are allocated to a quiet room on your next stay with us.

Regards,