Visited the hotel for a one night overnight stay, booked in for dinner bed and breakfast staying in Atlantis at the cost of £265 (not a cheap night out). We arrived and were greeted by 2 very nice receptionists with complimentary champagne (a very nice touch).
1) When we went up to the room I went in to the bathroom to freshen up, on turning the taps above the sink on the wall they both fell off in my hand!!
2) On both the soap dispenser and the hand lotion bottles the pump did not work, I had to unscrew and pour into my hands!!!!!
3) Fish tank in room cloudy and dirty looking.
4) We fancied a cup of tea before heading out for a walk, kettle broke, had to call reception to get another sent up!!!!
5) After our walk went to the bar for a pre dinner drink, I was given a dirty wine glass that I sent back!!!!
6) My partner had booked for dinner in advance, this information clearly had not filtered from reception to the restaurant as it was obvious that there was no booking for us.
7) Menu!! If you fancy pub grub at your local Brewers Fayre you are in for a treat. Choices include Bangers & Mash, Beer Battered Fish & Chips, Steak Pie. I had Macaroni Cheese and my partner had a Burger. Hardly a menu for a (and I quote from their website) luxury boutique hotel!!!
8) We retired to the room later to discover that our, another quote (comfortable king size bed) was in fact 2 single beds shoved together with king size bedding on it!!!!
9) In the morning I ordered the Eggs Florentine for breakfast to be given hard poached eggs with an overpowering taste of vinegar.
10) When my partner finally managed to get hold of the Manager (3 days later!!) he was told that she apologised that we had not enjoyed our stay and if we ever chose to stay again she would give us some sort of discount, not very likely!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted the 8th trendiest hotel in the UK, we are without a doubt the trendiest hotel on George Street, and one of only three to make the shortlist in Edinburgh. Wander through a unique odyssey of world class eating, drinking and dreaming... without even leaving Edinburgh. Our 18 individually designed rooms are inspired by some of the world's most exciting cities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Monde Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Le Monde Hotel
- Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh Scotland