“Loved it.”

Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #75 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 27 October 2008

First of all check out the web site - we got a fantastic deal for the Sunday night - called I wish it was Sunday we paid £99 toward food and drink and we got the room for free.

This certainly isn't your standard hotel and I imagine it takes a lot of hard work to keep it going to the exceptional standard - so personally I didn't mind that the TV above the bath didn't work. Everthing else about the room though was spot on - the bed was incredibly comfortable and the duck down duvet was pure joy. Our room was a good size and the bathroom was fabulous. I also loved that each room had its own individual theming.

The bars are great although predictably quiet on the Sunday evening. The Paris restaurant also has a fantastic look to it - though in my opinion the food wasn't to the same high standard - so I might consider eating somewhere else if we returned (or making different menu choices - I had the Beef Wellington and perhaps something less ambitious may have been tastier. (Just a note for the previous reviewer... Beefburgers must always be cooked "well done" for food safety reasons as mincing the meat distributes surface bacteria throughout the burger)

We tried the nightclub after we had eaten (admission is free for guests) but it was empty when we went in. We didn't stay. It did appear to get busier later on and we could hear people leaving in the small hours - but I'd be lying if I said it disturbed my sleep. (but light sleepers could be)

Breakfast was better than the restaurant food the night before and set us up for the day. Checkout was a respectable 11am.

The hotel has no car park but on-street parking is available outside. It is charged from 8am and (top tip) you can pay in advance the night before and your fee carries forward into the next day. (It is free after 6pm I think). Mind you - you cannot park there all day - I think the limit is 3 hours.

Reading over the review it strikes me that I've possibly focussed more on the minuses than the plusses - and I'd hate to leave that impression. I would definitely stay here again it was quirky and unique - and a little haven of luxury (though on the basis of tripadvisor reviews I also want to try the Witchery and Lily Bazaar which were both full)

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh

Reviewed 16 October 2008

Our friends booked and paid for us 1 night in this hotel for part of our honeymoon. It was fab and i cant wait to go back. The whole experience was magical. We were origionally booked in the rio room which was lovely..perhaps a little small but still really nice. After spending a couple of hours in there we discovered the tv in the bath didnt work..this was not a major problem but we reported it to reception anyway.Within minutes the manager was at our door offering to transfer us to the la suite..which was just fantastic!! We totally loved the la suite and would reccomend it to anyone,, the bathroom is fantastic in there and the room is perfect,,,it follows the la theme to the t right up to th cd in the cd player being hotel california by the eagles!
The paris bar is lovely and the service is first class,,we had some lovely cocktails that the bar man chose for us! We ate in the paris restuarant which was really nice and the food was superb and very good value for money,,,3 courses for two people for less than £50!! The breakfast was also very good,,we missed the buffet breakfast but were still served a lovely hot breakfast which we orderd from a menu..which had something for everyone.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay at Le monde and we WILL be going back. I would realy recommend spending the extra cash and getting a suite rather than a room,,its a much better experience of the theme !

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2008

We recently stayed at the Le Monde with friends.
Tokyo Suite and Rio.... The rooms were good, a little bit tired in places but in the main good.
We asked for a quiet room and were delighted to be at the side of the hotel, however they did not tell us that on Friday night the disco/club has pounding music until 1am... it did stop then but we should have been pre warned...
Had to keep asking for extra bathroom products as hate tyring to squeeze the life out of a very small shower gel bottle they provide and if two people want to use the products, then you are in trouble.
Staff were really friendly and once you ask for something they really do try and assist.
Great location and great bar and we had decent food, however I do hate being told that I can only have my beefburger cooked "well done" when I wanted Medium, especially when I am paying... Would still go back but request certain matters be dealt with first.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2008

Never again! Lots of complaints re the room, didn't like the notice in the bathroom about products being the property of the hotel and that your charged if you take them. Please!!!
I emailed the manager about my stay and she hasn't bothered to reply. Says it all!! Its back to the Balmoral or Tiger Lily for us.

Stayed: June 2008
3  Thank weekenderFife
Reviewed 20 June 2008

My partner and I stayed in the Le Mode Hotel January just gone and it was a great break mainly due to our hotel.The hotel was a gift stay to my partner and we stayed in a medium priced room (the atlantic).On arriving you are surprised to see how small the reception area is but the builting opens up from there.The staff were very helpful and we hadd no complaints there.They even delivered the next days weather to our room daily, for both Edinburgh and for Atlantic.

Our room was not the biggest room ever for the money paid in comparison to other hotel rooms but was a quality room for those who appreciate the details and for its location it was perfect.Our room was to the rear so it was free from any noise from outside or from within the building.The bed was a very impressive and comfortable feature.

The bathroom is beautifully tiled and the toilet is seperate to the shower and bath.To new couples dont be afraid of the see through glass its not that noticable.Our room was daily cleaned but the cleaning service never disturbed us in the morning and we very rarely seen them and never heard them.

The breakfast is a lovely buffet display but finishes by 10.30.We ate lunch in the milan bar twice and it was lovely but on the night we had dinner there, we were a little disappointed.Dinner in the Paris restaurant was delicious but be aware that the last order is taken by 9.00 so if you want a late dinner meantion it at reception.

The bars for service for drinks was very quick and enjoyabe atmosphere.Very trendy spot for us as we are aged 22 and 24.

The hotel is located on the equvilaent to Grafton Street to those who know Dublin and its only a five minute walk from the main street.The castle and all local bars and beautiful restaurants are all moments away.

Well worth the money spent and will most definitly be returning for a luxury break.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2008

Stayed at Le Monde with one of my girlfriends recently and had an amazing stay. We checked into LA which was stylish and full of LA character. Absolutely loved the huge bathroom, plasma TVs, CD player and the bed was by far the comfiest bed I have ever slept in.

All the trendy shops are right on Le Mondes door step so it would be rude to not spend the day shopping. After a hard days shopping we returned to our suite to get ready for a girly night out. We had a few drinks in the suite from the mini bar before heading down to have dinner in Vienna. Dinner was delicious and the cocktails went down a treat.

After dinner we went down to the club for a few more drinks and to check out the local talent. We were suitably impressed, this is clearly where all the beautiful people go.

Le Monde has so much to offer and we are already planning a return visit. The staff were so friendly and helpful and they really made us feel welcome.

Le Monde would be great for any occassion,however I think the LA suite is a must for a girls night out.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2008

Stayed 2 nights from 24/4/2008.
Do NOT stay at this hotel if you like a quiet life. Pre dinner drink at 7-30pm was incredible. Met with a wall of sound, knowhere to sit, tables reserved for non residents - absolute bedlam. Food is pub fare.Awoken at 3am by a drunk who set general alarm off.
Great hotel if you like to party hard.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple