First of all check out the web site - we got a fantastic deal for the Sunday night - called I wish it was Sunday we paid £99 toward food and drink and we got the room for free.
This certainly isn't your standard hotel and I imagine it takes a lot of hard work to keep it going to the exceptional standard - so personally I didn't mind that the TV above the bath didn't work. Everthing else about the room though was spot on - the bed was incredibly comfortable and the duck down duvet was pure joy. Our room was a good size and the bathroom was fabulous. I also loved that each room had its own individual theming.
The bars are great although predictably quiet on the Sunday evening. The Paris restaurant also has a fantastic look to it - though in my opinion the food wasn't to the same high standard - so I might consider eating somewhere else if we returned (or making different menu choices - I had the Beef Wellington and perhaps something less ambitious may have been tastier. (Just a note for the previous reviewer... Beefburgers must always be cooked "well done" for food safety reasons as mincing the meat distributes surface bacteria throughout the burger)
We tried the nightclub after we had eaten (admission is free for guests) but it was empty when we went in. We didn't stay. It did appear to get busier later on and we could hear people leaving in the small hours - but I'd be lying if I said it disturbed my sleep. (but light sleepers could be)
Breakfast was better than the restaurant food the night before and set us up for the day. Checkout was a respectable 11am.
The hotel has no car park but on-street parking is available outside. It is charged from 8am and (top tip) you can pay in advance the night before and your fee carries forward into the next day. (It is free after 6pm I think). Mind you - you cannot park there all day - I think the limit is 3 hours.
Reading over the review it strikes me that I've possibly focussed more on the minuses than the plusses - and I'd hate to leave that impression. I would definitely stay here again it was quirky and unique - and a little haven of luxury (though on the basis of tripadvisor reviews I also want to try the Witchery and Lily Bazaar which were both full)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted the 8th trendiest hotel in the UK, we are without a doubt the trendiest hotel on George Street, and one of only three to make the shortlist in Edinburgh. Wander through a unique odyssey of world class eating, drinking and dreaming... without even leaving Edinburgh. Our 18 individually designed rooms are inspired by some of the world's most exciting cities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Lastminute, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Monde Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Le Monde Hotel
- Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh Scotland