“More than just Excellent !”

Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #79 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Uk
“More than just Excellent !”
Reviewed 4 September 2009

In the very heart of Edimburgh, a part of "The World" ..for a fabulous and unforgettable stay in a Best in Class Tokyo Atmosphere with very nive Bed & Bathroom. Everything was perfect & fully enjoyed. It was more than just Fantastic !!! Merci...

A 4 S

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
ireland
Reviewed 4 September 2009

The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to everything. On arrival our room was not available as we had arrived on an early flight, but were informed at reception that we had been upgraded to a suite. On saying this the suite only consisted of the one room and bathroom would just grade it as large room not a suite! Bar food very good but far to much noise. No matter which bar you where in within hotel the music was played far to loud and getting the chance to get away without kids it would have been nice to be able to sit and talk to each other while enjoying a drink, but most of the time was spent in silence (other wise everyone beside us would have heard our conversation as we had to shout over the music) As i said lovely hotel but would not go back for this reason as the idea of getting away is to enjoy each others company and have time to talk, but def not in this hotel in the bar areas. Hotel suited to young free and singles.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2009

I'm really disappointed to read some of the terrible reviews of this place from other guests as i personally had a fantastic experience! I stayed in the New York suite which is absolutely beautiful - far too spacious for one person (especially considering the double shower with plasma screens in) but a real treat. Location is excellent and the club/bar downstairs is good fun. Bear in mind, however, that it's very busy and quite loud at times. Breakfast the next day was delicious. I had a great time but would think twice about staying here if I was paying myself as it IS very expensive.

• Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
southampton
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Having used le monde for refreshments over the last three years we thought it was time to try the hotel !!!!
booked a thee day stay,
as before service was great,
The room we had st petersburg very clean house keeping staff very good
only down side would be a little small but this is a minor point
supprisingly very quite being in the heart of the city
would recommend to anyone

Somerset
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Gorgeous boutique hotel with excellent bar/ restaurant attached. Each room is individually styled to match a city (we stayed in Reykeyvik), massive beds, heavenly pillows, spotlessly clean, huge TV, lovely toiletries in the bathroom, tasty food (room service for breakfast is highly recommended!) Very central ( turn right and right again through the iron gate, down te passageway and you're at the back of Marks and Spencers. We booked this at the last minute through late rooms and got a great deal for a Sunday night, Check the hotel website for special offers. The complimentary cocktail voucher was much appreciated!

1 Thank globetrotter017
ABERDEEN
Reviewed 6 August 2009

I was in Edinburgh on a flying visit in June and found a great rate on line for Le Monde.

Usually I check in and order food to my room while I do some work but upon receiving a complimentary welcome drink voucher on arrival I thought I go and try out the bars. The whole venue was stunning they have 3 different themed bars and a nightclub in the basement which I unfortunately didn’t make it to. I did however have a fabulous dinner followed drinks in the bar. The staff made me feel like I was in my local bar they were very friendly and efficient.

The room was perfect. By the time I got back it had been refreshed and set for the evening with a chocolate on my pillow and the curtains closed. The plasma TV’s and rainfall showers are also a big plus!!

I would definitely recommend Le Monde even if you are not staying over night it is an experience not to be missed

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Scotland
Reviewed 1 August 2009

On arrival we were greeted at reception and given our room details, we were so excited to see our themed room that we did not think to ask the obvious questions. Once in our room we realised we had no idea what time check-out was the next morning or what the score was for breakfast as we had not been told. I found the standard of the room quite average considering it was one of the Junior Suites.

We decided to visit the Paris bar to use our compimentary drinks vouchers but on reaching the hotel guest entrance, we found our way in was blocked by a table and chairs. We were informed that there was no crushed ice so our drinks would be brought over to our table. They arrived over 10 minutes later and were nothing special.

Back in our room we thought we would watch some TV before ordering room service. This would have been easy if it were not for the lack of a TV remote control. We turned the room upside down looking for it and this brought to our attention the lack of cleanliness of our room, down the side of the settee cushions and down the back of the bed were disgusting. The remote control appeared under the bed which shows that this was not checked or cleaned before our arrival.

Room service was disappointing, they didn't even provide basic condiments such as salt, pepper, any sauces etc. Even although one of us ordered fish, no tartare sauce was on our tray. The food was luke warm and the trays a bit tatty. We found it quite difficult to eat our food as there was nothing we could use as a dining table even althought the room had plenty of space for one. We ended up having our plates on our knees.

There was no Tassino machine as advertised. In its place was a tiny kettle accompanied by 2 mugs that were not much bigger than egg cups.

We ordered breakfast to be served in our room. Again, it was disappointing. The food was a bit too greasy, luke warm and one of the items we had ordered was missing. The worst thing of all though was the toast, it arrived wrapped in a napkin...I've never seen this done before.

The bathroom was lovely at a glance but on closer inspection it was far too grubby. The toilet could do with a good scrub and there was a layer of dust on most of the surfaces.

All in all, I'm not quite sure how this hotel manages to keep 4 stars or maybe we were just really unlucky but I definitiely wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple