I booked the Paris room for a Sunday night in Edinburgh with my husband for the £109 room only rate as advertised on the website. Check-in was easy and the staff were professional and friendly. The first impression on exiting the lift on our floor was horrific - there were bags of rubbish and cleaning equipment strewn throughout the whole corridor and right outside our room door (see my photos), not exactly welcoming or befitting of a professed "Four-Star Luxury Hotel". For the first half hour of our stay, there was a very loud group of people standing right outside our door talking incessantly. Also, the room was in darkness when we entered, and the instructions on how to use the light pad are written on the room key, so that was a little awkward! The other negative bits - the fixtures in the bath were broken and seemed like it would be pretty easy to fix. Also, the bath is seperate to the toilet/ sink, which had no soap or handwash in it. We had to ask for this at reception and they went out and bought a bar of Dove soap and brought it to us. The mini bar had nothing in it but a single bottle of sparkling water, a bit odd! The actual room was nice, clean and spacious, with high Georgian ceilings and huge bay windows. My husband remarked that he thought the vintage style furniture looked a bit cheap, but I thought it looked very authentic so I guess it's down to personal opinion! It was a nice touch to be able to call room service and have them deliver juice in the middle of the night when we got thirsty! We found the room to be very quiet and had a good sleep, no noise from surrounding bars... but it was Sundat nght! Also, was pleased to be offered a complimentary late check-out and it was great that we were able to leave our luggage at reception for a few hours after we checked out. All in all, a pleasant stay, but Le Monde should really address the little things that would distinguish the hotel from a facade of luxury to a true four-star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted the 8th trendiest hotel in the UK, we are without a doubt the trendiest hotel on George Street, and one of only three to make the shortlist in Edinburgh. Wander through a unique odyssey of world class eating, drinking and dreaming... without even leaving Edinburgh. Our 18 individually designed rooms are inspired by some of the world's most exciting cities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Monde Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Le Monde Hotel
- Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh Scotland