I stayed here as a party of four for one night as we were in the city for a gig. We needed a place to stay literally to sleep in but were so impressed and satisfied with the hostel. We couldn't ask for a better location - right off the Royal Mile and a mere walk from clubs such as Hive etc. The whole feel of the hostel is very funky and modern and we were happy to see it has a bar and other facilities for customers. Our room was great - two sets of bunk beds, substantially spacious, a bathroom and walk in shower. We had one problem in the early hours of the morning when returning from our night out - a group of boys in the room next to us were being annoyingly rowdy. Banging the walls, shouting and coming to our door while we were trying to sleep and at 9am they woke us up by blasting music so loudly. They were around our age (18) and we had been having banter with them but I really felt as if staff should have been more aware of the noise and commotion and checked to see if everything was alright as my concern was for other visitors being disturbed by them as well. At the end of the day we could not have seen the light hearted side and been seriously disturbed by them. All in all I would seriously recommend this hostel to any tourists or young people staying for a few days in the city as I would have happily have stayed longer here if required and would definitely come back. Brilliant value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just off the Royal Mile in the heart of Edinburgh's Old Town, Safestay Hostel, Edinburgh, redefines the hostel experience. Safestay Hostel is an award winning stylish five-star hostel with great facilities that make it the ideal choice for value accommodation in the heart of Edinburgh. Safestay Hostel's rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious and all have en-suite facilities. The hostel can provide private rooms as well as larger dorm style living so there really is something for everyone. Safestay hostel really is the ultimate urban retreat with Bar 50, a fully licensed restaurant and bar, with free Wi-Fi, Sky Sports, pool table, and a great atmosphere. There is also a 24 hour reception, no curfew, and all of Edinburgh's lively night scene and famed attractions on your doorstep. Safestay also offers fantastic City break deals, family and friend packages, group offers and stag and hen specials as well as seasonal offers. So what are you waiting for? Come and see for yourself why Safestay Hostel is the smart choice for your journey to Scotland's vibrant and historic Capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Safestay Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smart City Hostels Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Safestay Edinburgh Scotland