“"Daft Jamies" - not that daft !!”
Review of Daft Jamie's Restaurant - CLOSED

Daft Jamie's Restaurant
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 30 September 2014

I bought an offer for a meal at this restaurant - and I'm glad I did. The service was good and the food was lovely - the steak was "spot On". I would recommend it. My compliments to the chef.

Reviewed 30 September 2014

we had a KGB voucher and booked for 7.30 last Thursday. They called the day before leaving a message cancelling our reservation - no reason or appology was given. We left numerous messages as they do not answer the phone, and they never returned our calls so we are now 27.00 out of pocket - Terrible lack of customer service - very dissapointing

6  Thank jackie h
Reviewed 6 September 2014

We were here at the end of June for my daughter's graduation meal. I was a bit wary as it didn't look the usual type of place for a graduation. I needn't have worried!! We were a table of 8 so they put us downstairs. We were the only table down there so could make as much noise as we liked. Great. The food was amazing. Lots of different things tried from the menu so can't really comment on them all, but the steak was cooked to perfection, and my daughter is picky! Wine was very acceptable and at a very reasonable price. Liqueurs were particularly cheap. All in all a very enjoyable experience, perfect for our party and we will be back.

2  Thank Zoe A
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I recently came to daft Jamie's for my 50th birthday celebration. The young waitress was very welcoming and polite. She was very attentive and could not do enough for us. On the other hand the owner would not leave us alone. My husband was interested in whisky and was asking the young girl about it but the owner jumped in and was extremely arrogant. He was shouting and would not let us talk. When my husband tried to speak he was told by the owner to shut up!! All the staff looked mortified. The place was clean but nothing special. There were flys everywhere which also put us off. Personally I have not been to a restaurant where the owner has ever spoken to us and Completely ruined our appetite. Very disappointing.

5  Thank Bettyjacksonn
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We booked into here at 21:00 on a Fringe Sunday. When we arrived the place wan't heaving and we were greeted warmly and offered a choice of tables. Drinks orders were taken and they had some really interesting local beers.

When it came time to place our food order, both my starter and main were sold out. Funnily this was less displeasing than it might have been as it proved that the food was freshly prepared from local ingredients. My second choice was the beautifully presented haggis followed by pan fried trout. The food was attractive to look at and the accompanying vegetables were stunningly presented and obviously cooked to order.

It wasn't haute cuisine - it was good honest fresh food, well presented and tasting of the ingredients. So, not pretentious but warm and welcoming.The service was particularly friendly.

3  Thank Decker