“a "steamy" place”

Ranked #312 of 2,628 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: With streets steeped in history and a thriving cultural scene, the city of edinburgh is home to all things traditional and contemporary. We offer asian food inspired by the flavours of japan
Reviewed 7 May 2014

the tables by the windows are fine, comfortable and spacious. The food was good quality and even a bit spicier than I expected (chilli!!) The bill was rather high, takin into account it was not that close to the centre.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Tried wagamama in other towns so thought I would try in my home town. Nice location, good interior and good service but the meal was very lacklustre. I had a noodle dish, filling but not a lot of flavour and my wife's rice dish was even worse. The rice itself tasted cheap.
Won't be going back, pity as it's great for Usher Hall, Lyceum, Traverse and even coming home from The Kings.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Ordered some takeaway from here a few hours before pickup. All was on time, and really hot. Fruit drinks made fresh when I arrived. All was very good. Friendly service. Great experience - every time we're in the area at a film festival and need a quick good meal we'll go here.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great staff and service with some lovely new dishes on the menu - I loved the Duck Ramen. It does get quite busy as the evening progresses - arrive early for a quiet booth by the window.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

They have a very good variety of asian fusion food. I have been 3 times and I have tried different items everytime... Last time I tried the wagamama Yaki soba and was very strange because were not a long pasta but was completely cut it in small pieces and porton was not as big as usual, Was pretty small. I hope is just a human mistake and not because they are changing this. Love sitting in the couches but when they are busy they have this long tables that fit lots of people all toguether... Not really a fan of this. Server was very nice with us.