“home from home”

Ranked #142 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“home from home”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This attractive, well equipped, modern and ultra clean apartment with a little-bit-of-pizzazz, so close to the old town and amenities, felt like home when we came across the world to visit family. We hope to come back !!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank roses12345310

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We booked three two bedroomed apartments here the past weekend, what a state.

The bathrooms had barely been touched from the previous occupants, dirty stained toilets and there was no bins nor toilet brushes in them.

The kitchen was acceptable, the emergency fire blanket had no blanket inside and a false eyelash attached to it, obviously the cleaning process is very badly managed / supervised.

Worst of all the apartment my friends and I were staying in didn't even have a fire alarm, just the base of what used to be one.

The pull out beds in the couch and the 3rd pull down bed in the cupboard were both badly stained. Unfortunately we were forced to utilise them because of the sheer number of our group.

I would not stay here again. Would not recommend anybody does.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Edinburgh hotels

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Four of us booked a two bedroom apartment two weeks before an event. Upon arrival we were left standing in a dirty looking reception which was unmanned. I tried calling the the number on the wall which kept going to voice mail . Eventually we got through after 30 minutes to be told that the flat was lying open. A simple email could have sorted that one. On entering the flat it looked OK for the price but on closer examination it was quite dirty there were cigarette burns on the fire place and staining on the blinds and ceiling. The double bed in my room was OK if a bit stale. The twin beds in the other room were horrible .!! They had make up stains on the sheets so obviously had not been changed. Had a great day in the city only to be tarnished by the very unhelpful staff who had charged me extra for a late departure . four days after we left??. on querying this they could produce no evidence. All I can say to future patrons is check your bank !! Find other accommodation ...

• Stayed May 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed with a group of friends and the apartment did everything we needed, we even had tropical juice in the fridge always a bonus if you ask me. Five of us stayed and it made an excellent base for us to head into the city centre. Would have been nice to have stayed closer but for what we paid we were closer to the city centre than I thought we would be. It was about £10.00 to the old town with a local firm and the same going back in a black and white cab.

The beds were clean with fresh sheets and towels. One of the rooms and had an ensuite bathroom. The main bathroom was clean and the shower was good. The kitchen was tidy and clean. Plenty of utensils for if people decided to cook, it was well stocked with tea coffee sugar and milk. With a variety of breakfast cereals and a large white loaf. I would recommend them to anyone who wanted a no frills place to rest their head and see what Edinburgh has to offer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank piglikeface
Morecambe
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a stag do last week end. The rooms were clean enough and the milk bread and cereal in the apartments was brilliant. They were abit far away from town but there was 12 of us so it wasn't to bad sharing taxis. The beds were a little hard and I did get stuck in the room as the Handel wouldn't turn to open the door. I would stay here again and would recommend it

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Matthew D
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Easily one of the worst places I have ever spent the night. It started when we arrived and had to wait for 45 mins to get the owner/manager to answer the phone and even when he did he still wasn't around to give us the keys instead we were instructed to go into a drawer and pick them out. After that we got to the apartment which on first glance looked shabby but reasonable for the price. On closer inspection it wasn't very clean at all and the bed sheets were just horrible!! We found that it was also quite a way away from the town centre as well and in an unsightly area but getting a taxi overcame this issue. We stayed the night on the uncomfortable and horrible beds then left the next day and it has been approximately 3 weeks since and I have just had £100 randomly taken from my bank account because they say that we left "in the afternoon" (which is garbage as we were out for 11 that day)and we "left clothes everywhere" (which is also garbage as I wouldn't leave my belongings in a dump like this). Hopefully I get my money back and even more so I hope someone reads this and doesn't fall into the same trap!!!

• Stayed May 2014
7 Thank thewanderer090
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Where to start? I am a private landlord and I also let out serviced apartments. Entrance - shabby and tired, dirty and sticky. Beware - smoking flat. Ashtrays provided. I didn't know people still allowed this! Lounge - sticky settees, about 10-15 years old. Telly from ~1999 with bits literally falling off it. Remote filthy and no back. Blind was disgustingly filthy. Kitchen - everything sticky. Fridge light doesn't work. Margarine for breakfast was scooped into a bowl in the fridge from a Brakes Bros bulk purchase. Didn't touch that. Kettle plug has overloaded at some stage and half melted. No evidence of any PAT stickers. Bin broken. No toiletries in bathroom. Bedroom carpet has been used as flood prevention judging by tide marks. Bed linen smells of smoke. There is really no excuse for all this as all it needs is a 4-hour clean (£56), two new leather settees from Argos (about £500 for a pair), a new carpet (£400), a new telly (£300) a new kettle (£8) and PATs (£40) and that's it set for a year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business