“Can not wait to go back!”
Review of Tigerlily Hotel

Tigerlily Hotel
Ranked #15 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Tigerlily this week 2 nights after Valentines. I had purchased a voucher on itison with a brillant deal. We had an overnight stay, 2 course dinner for 2, breakfast in morning, bottle of Processo and home-made chocolate for a excellent price. I arrived first and was shown around the room by a memeber of staff. She showed me how to use everything and showed me where everything was (including ghd's in the wardrobe!!). She was just fab. When she left the room I was mage excited!! I was so happy and surprised with the room I got straight on the phone to the bf to let him know how amazing it was!! So I went shopping (2 seconds from Princess St). When I came back to my room, someone had came in and dimmed the light, put rugs out at the side of the bed, shut the curtains and put our drink on ice. Dinner was at 8.15pm. Amazing menu and delieous cocktails (Strawberry smash!). Room was massive, kind size bed with a big tv at bottle of the bed that swirlvals round. Ipod also (160gb) full of music!!! Got lots of photos to show room. Was just amazing. Breakfast was ordered the night before and was brought into our room at our chosen time. I chose the continental breakfast and the bf chose the grilled one. Both were amazing! I would HIGHLY recommend Tigerlily to everyone who wants a romantic night away. Can't wait to go again!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tigerlily Hotel

Reviewed 18 February 2012

I have never written a review on tripadvisor before but this time I had to. Stayed at Tigerlily for one night with the itison deal. Everything was perfect, we had a luxury double room which was gorgeous! Massive bed and beautifully decorated with an equally lovely bathroom with wet room. Had dinner in the restuarant, waiter was very polite and could not do enough to please, complimentary bread and olives was a nice touch. We both had different dishes which tasted in one word delicious!. As residents in the hotel you get free entry to Lulu, great music and once again really lovely staff. Breakfast in the morning did not dissapoint, plenty of choice and best eggs benedict I have ever had. Only complaint, we couldnt stay another night. Thank you Tigerlily for a wonderful time, we are already planning our next visit which will be very soon. Why this hotel is not 5 stars is a complete mystery.

Room Tip: Im sure all rooms in this hotel are as lovely as the next!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorriGlasgow
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Had a lovely room. Ate in the hotel restaurant.. food was awesome. The bar is a great area to socialise. The bed was super comfortable..

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Ahh we are just back from a weekend stay at Tigerlilys and I have to say it was without a doubt the best hotel we ever stayed in. The room was amazing and the extra touches really made it worth the money. The staff were young, trendy, gracious and eager to please. The breakfast was beautiful and served up to 12pm every day and all day on a Sunday. Imagine that!! According to 1 member of staff Saturday night was the busiest shift he had ever experienced but we didn't even notice as service from the table waiters was efficient and prompt! The hotel manager was really friendly and took time to ask us how our trip was and what we thought of the hotel, we honestly felt like we were the only guests staying there!! It was our first time away together in a few years and we both had the best nights sleep ever.
If you want romance, great food, experienced and super friendly staff, delicious cocktails and an amazing central location to all Edinburgh has to offer then staying in Tigerlily is a must!! Cannot wait to go back and my husband and I agreed that we will definitely return same time next year.
I just don't have a clue as to why this hotel could be rated any lower than 5 stars, hope this helps if you are in two minds about booking this fab hotel :)

Room Tip: Choose a 2nd or 3rd floor room as you will be guaranteed a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tinag94
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I recently stayed here on a work trip and had a fabulous time. The room itself was fantastic and catered for your every need - ipod, ghd's, robe and slippers to name a few of the extra luxuries which made it feel like home from home. The staff were great too, always friendly and wearing a smile with nothing being too much trouble. I would definitely stay here again due to the central location and would recommend it for business and well as a romantic break away.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed for one night a treat after buying a deal on itison. Only one word to describe it - fantastic! Extremely helpful staff, gorgeous rooms, gorgeous food, great location. All the additional touches such as ghds, keeping our ice bucket topped up in the room, fantastic room service, etc, made it even more special. An absolute must if you are staying in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I was lucky enough to stay at Tigerlily on a business trip and it was a truly lovely experience. The hotel decor is very of the moment and my room was beautiful. However it was the staff who really made the experience. Everyone was friendly, warm, welcoming and did a great job.

The only fault I could find is that some of the prices in the bar were a wee bit too high, but again the bar staff were great.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business