“Unique Experience ... This place is NO Shrinking Violet”
Review of Tigerlily Hotel

Tigerlily Hotel
Ranked #17 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
London, United Kingdom
“Unique Experience ... This place is NO Shrinking Violet”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Glam styling makes a stay at Tigerlily a unique experience!! It really is a fun boutique hotel with an excellent bar and restaurant.

The service both at the front desk and in the restaurant was very friendly and helpful.

My room was excellent ... spacious, comfortable bed and lots of cool decor. The lighting controls were a bit complicated to operate and the bathroom was a "B" whereas the rest of the experience was an "A+"

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Pieds_dans_L_eau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was my 2nd visit in 12 months to Tiger Lily and it did not disappoint. Room fantastic, 3 course dinner was amazing with a generous amount of food to choose from and our waitress was very attentive, bar was full and busy but we were always served promptly. Gorgeous breakfast selection, excellent value for money. On the negative, lift broken and we were on the 3rd floor, docking station in both our rooms didn't work, hotel interior needing some `touch ups'. Toilets in the bar during the day were clean however by late evening there was no toilet roll in the cubicals and the floor was a mess, there needs to be some attention to detail on the small things that often make up the overall experience, however all in all I would definately return as it's a fun place to go.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
TigerlilyManager, Manager at Tigerlily Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback. I am glad to hear that you once again enjoyed your stay with us.

Last week we unfortunately experienced some problems with our lift and as a result had to take it out of service. I am pleased to say that this has now been fixed. We have a hotel refurbishment programme in progress and this does involve repainting and refreshing areas throughout the hotel. These minor works are due to completed very soon and will leave the hotel looking as fresh and vibrant as ever.

We do carry out regular toilet checks throughout the day and night, however we will endeavour to improve this element of our customer service.

Again thank you very much for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Tigerlily very soon.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This has everything you could possibly want, we visited just before Christmas and the atmosphere was electric. The 'pink' bedroom is gorgeous and I didn't really want to leave it, huge bed, huge bathroom that was quite private from the bedroom (all girls like that) and a really fabulous floor to ceiling mirror to check out your outfit from head to toe. The bar was packed with what looked like the 'it crowd' so lots of 'people watching' while you sip your cocktail. Even though it was really busy the staff made us feel really special and gave us priority treatment. The tables in the bar have chain mail curtains around them so you can see out, but you feel very private too. Located right in the heart of Edinburgh near to the shops. Very stylish with a funky little nightclub downstairs called Lulu's, which I visited on another occasion. Recommend you get the bar tender to mix you a cocktail at the bar. Wonderful. Also recommending The Dome a glass of champagne, cocktails at the bar or a nice sophisticated afternoon tea. Fabulous and highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Tigerlily this week 2 nights after Valentines. I had purchased a voucher on itison with a brillant deal. We had an overnight stay, 2 course dinner for 2, breakfast in morning, bottle of Processo and home-made chocolate for a excellent price. I arrived first and was shown around the room by a memeber of staff. She showed me how to use everything and showed me where everything was (including ghd's in the wardrobe!!). She was just fab. When she left the room I was mage excited!! I was so happy and surprised with the room I got straight on the phone to the bf to let him know how amazing it was!! So I went shopping (2 seconds from Princess St). When I came back to my room, someone had came in and dimmed the light, put rugs out at the side of the bed, shut the curtains and put our drink on ice. Dinner was at 8.15pm. Amazing menu and delieous cocktails (Strawberry smash!). Room was massive, kind size bed with a big tv at bottle of the bed that swirlvals round. Ipod also (160gb) full of music!!! Got lots of photos to show room. Was just amazing. Breakfast was ordered the night before and was brought into our room at our chosen time. I chose the continental breakfast and the bf chose the grilled one. Both were amazing! I would HIGHLY recommend Tigerlily to everyone who wants a romantic night away. Can't wait to go again!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
glasgow
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I have never written a review on tripadvisor before but this time I had to. Stayed at Tigerlily for one night with the itison deal. Everything was perfect, we had a luxury double room which was gorgeous! Massive bed and beautifully decorated with an equally lovely bathroom with wet room. Had dinner in the restuarant, waiter was very polite and could not do enough to please, complimentary bread and olives was a nice touch. We both had different dishes which tasted in one word delicious!. As residents in the hotel you get free entry to Lulu, great music and once again really lovely staff. Breakfast in the morning did not dissapoint, plenty of choice and best eggs benedict I have ever had. Only complaint, we couldnt stay another night. Thank you Tigerlily for a wonderful time, we are already planning our next visit which will be very soon. Why this hotel is not 5 stars is a complete mystery.

Room Tip: Im sure all rooms in this hotel are as lovely as the next!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lorriGlasgow
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Had a lovely room. Ate in the hotel restaurant.. food was awesome. The bar is a great area to socialise. The bed was super comfortable..

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Bushmills, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Ahh we are just back from a weekend stay at Tigerlilys and I have to say it was without a doubt the best hotel we ever stayed in. The room was amazing and the extra touches really made it worth the money. The staff were young, trendy, gracious and eager to please. The breakfast was beautiful and served up to 12pm every day and all day on a Sunday. Imagine that!! According to 1 member of staff Saturday night was the busiest shift he had ever experienced but we didn't even notice as service from the table waiters was efficient and prompt! The hotel manager was really friendly and took time to ask us how our trip was and what we thought of the hotel, we honestly felt like we were the only guests staying there!! It was our first time away together in a few years and we both had the best nights sleep ever.
If you want romance, great food, experienced and super friendly staff, delicious cocktails and an amazing central location to all Edinburgh has to offer then staying in Tigerlily is a must!! Cannot wait to go back and my husband and I agreed that we will definitely return same time next year.
I just don't have a clue as to why this hotel could be rated any lower than 5 stars, hope this helps if you are in two minds about booking this fab hotel :)

Room Tip: Choose a 2nd or 3rd floor room as you will be guaranteed a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo