“Fabulous Girlie Hen Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tigerlily Hotel

Tigerlily Hotel
Ranked #23 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Girlie Hen Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

I booked Tigerlily for a hen weekend for last weekend and can honestly say it has to be the nicest place I have ever stayed - my own wedding venue included in this!

We took advantage of the Girlie weekend package and enjoyed a two nights stay in luxury twin rooms with breakfast each morning, a three course evening meal, an afternoon tea and a three course late lunch at Rick's all for £325!

Throughout the entire weekend I kept thinking we would be billed extra when we checked out because the value for money was unreal.

We arrived on Friday and enjoyed a scrumptious afternoon tea, upgraded to champagne. We then enjoyed getting ready in our rooms listening to music on the fully loaded ipod and dock that was waiting in the room. The shower was amazing and the bathroom felt like we were in a spa. The hotel not only provided branded bath robes and slippers for guests to wear but also provided a hairdryer and wait for it.....GHD hair straightners in every room!

Our room in particualr had an amazing view over the city and we could see the Sea in the distamce. One of our rooms (we were a party of 11) had 3 in it and the hotel gave that room a complementary upgrade to a mini suite - a real treat!

We had our evening three course dinner in the hotel on the Friday night and the staff were incredibly accomodating in setting our table up with our personalised place mats, hen party confetti and bubble wands. They even sat us in the private dining area without us asking or even knowing it existed. After an amazing meal we headed down to the nightclub Lulu for a boogie!

The next day the breakfast was just what we needed and I have to say, again, the nicest grilled (not fried) breakfast I have had. With fresh fruit juice and coffee - it was gorgeous.

In the afternoon after visiting the Fringe Festival we enjoyed a gorgeous three course late lunch at Rick's as part of the package. This came with a round of Flirtini cocktails :-) nom nom!

We headed into Cowgate for the evening drinks and had a fab time.

Throughout our stay the staff were friendly, professional and accomodating to our every need. They received packages for us, provided us with extra totiletteries when requested (from the White Company non the less), they also printed out the boarding cards for some of the guests who were flying home.

I cannot rate this place enough and CANNOT wait to get back there one day.

A must for everyone, especially hens who want a 'classy' weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katherine F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

The restaurant and hotel are absolutely stunning and in a great location! The food at the restaurant was OK, not spectacular, but the restaurant itself was far too noisy. The music was loud and there was a bar right beside the table where we were sitting. I think the restaurant staff forgot about us too. On the positive side, I slept like a baby in the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Milano
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I booked this hotel because I found a very good offer and I wanted to explore the New Town, but I was a bit worried about some reviews complaining about noise and an excessively posh place...I didn't need to worry..Of course, the place is all pink floral bizarre, looking more like some rooms inside a bar than an hotel with a bar..BUT the young staff is extremely kind and helpful, the room one of the best I'have ever seen with very special little touches (complimentary fresh milk for the tea in the fridge, candles AND umbrella& ironing board..bread and roses all together, so to say). And the shower was definitely the best and biggest I ever had.. As for the noise, our room, first floor, was totally quiet, while downstairs everything was in full blooom. And I have to say the New town is nice and worth exploring, less touristy and more real than the - wonderful- Old town.. I'd like to be back .I just hope that they 'll manage to mantain in ship shape such a nice place( there are already a coupl of small spots and mark in the otherwise very clean room, of course this kind of design requires lot of care )

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

This hotel has a funky, modern vibe to their decor in the the restaurant/bar area and all the amenities for a comfortable stay in the rooms upstairs. The room was outfitted with a tv/dvd player, Ipod player, fluffy robes, iron, hair straightener---you name it! We had heard from other Trip Advisor posts that noise from the bar could be an issue at this hotel, but we stayed on the 2nd floor and didn't hear another guest. The breakfast is nice---the french toast with yogurt and berries was my favorite. The location is perfect for walking around town to Princes Street, the Castle, and loads of restaurants and shops. The only negative: little parking for either loading/unloading or if you have a rental car. There are some metered spots in front of the hotel (limited to 3 hours during the day) or a garage about 1 mile away.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Brampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

A divine experience, thought it may be a little pretentious, but I was totally wrong!
Lovely staff who made a special effort to make all clientele feel really appreciated. I noticed a large senior party greeting the waiters like old friends, and the mood of the restaurant was buzzing and happy. The surrounding are plush and glitzy definitely had the WOW factor
We had the lunch time offer a steal at £15 for two main courses, excellent choice of around 8 dishes, plus good priced A la Carte if required. The waiter was very happy to advise on choice.
I love Edinburgh, but I would pay the rail fare just for just my lunch at the Lily!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

We really liked our cool, girly suite when we stayed here on a Hen weekend.....it was really a lovely room, with all the home comforts that a girl needs (fluffy robe, nice toiletries, ipod dock etc) and te staff were lovely! Best of all, it was very good value for money. Bathroom was beautiful.....lovely spa bath etc.

We came back after shopping, and ate tea and scones by a lovely fireplace downstairs......and a glass of champagne! It was divine.

Only thing I will say is that you should steer well clear of the restaurant! The food was truly dreadful. Prices are pretty cheap mind you, so you can't expect nice food for these prices.

But for a bar snack, or a scone or a piece of cake it's great!

Cocktails were DELICIOUS!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

We had a light lunch for 3 at this restaurant today and am pleased to say that it was absolutely faultless. The service was fantastic, the food was superb and the deal of 2 courses for £15 was excellent, especially since the third main course was charged at the same rate. The salmon pasta was the best I have ever tasted and was served piping hot - something that many restaurants fail to do. We also had the Thai curry which was delicious and beautifully presented. We did not have dessert but what we saw looked extremely interesting and we vowed that we would order some on our next visit. The wine was perhaps a little expensive but the we are in the heart of Edinbugh and during the Festival. I must also mention the decor which was extremely attractive with various different types of areas where you could have just a drink or coffee. We have already planned our return visit!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family