“fabulous overnight”
Review of Tigerlily Hotel

Tigerlily Hotel
Ranked #15 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

my friend and I went to tigerlily for a girls overnight stay of cocktails, good food and fun..this is what we got.
we checked in early and the room wasn't ready so we were happy to hand over luggage and get a cocktail from the very extensive and delicious list, one wasn't enough so we had a second and then headed up to the room.
the twin room was lovely, very comfortable beds with crisp bedding. lots of lovely little touches, iPod, DVD player with good choice of movies (later in the evening we did settle down to bridesmaids) fresh milk in fridge, tasty biscuits with hot choc, teas and coffees. the room had good storage space and two armchairs which we didn't use.the bathroom was large with plenty of space for products and enough towels for 2 (although a little scratchy!) robes were lovely and bathroom products were from the white company. the shower area was huge and overall the bathroom finishings were of a high standard.
the decor and design of the room was in keeping with the overall theme of tigerlily, females will love it here.
dinner was included in our overnight and the residents menu offered a good selection of starters, mains and desserts. food was tasty and beautifully presented. breakfast was also very enjoyable and all the better because it's served until noon. all staff we interacted with were very pleasant and helpful, particularly when choosing from the fabulous cocktail list.
my only critiscism would be we were charged an additional £25 for our twin room, at time of booking I was told this was to upgrade to a luxury room, however I did not feel the room did qualify for this extra payment.
we enjoyed our stay and will return but next time I will query any additional charges.

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for Tigerlily Hotel

Reviewed 11 February 2013

I had the pleasure of staying 3 nights here and thought it was great. It was my first time to Edinburgh so spent time choosing a hotel before I went and I got it right with Tigerlily. The room was beautiful and felt very special staying here. Very stylish and nice little details that put it a notch above the regular hotel. Food was fantastic. So good that we ate at the restaurant twice! Staff very attentive but not overbearing and the location of the hotel is brilliant. Do try the afternoon tea. It´s naughty but soooo nice!

Reviewed 9 February 2013

We had an itison voucher the whole experience was delightful.On arrival we were given a choice of where we would like to sit we opted for a booth through the back which was lovely and quiet,in the middle section very loud music was playing so glad we weren't seated here.We started with our Gin Cocktail followed by a selection of freshly made sandwiches,scones just out the oven yum
2 wee tray bakes and a cupcake.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PLAYHOUSE068
Reviewed 6 February 2013

After hearing so much and reading so much about Tigerlily we decided to give it a go. There were a lot of good things about our stay. The staff were excellent, always bright breezy and helpful. We stayed in the Black Suite which was a lovely room with a modern gas open fireplace. We ate in the restaurant and the food was of very good quality. The hotel is also in a great central location. The morning breakfast was a great start to the day as well.
However at the top end of hotels and apartments it is the little things and attention to detail that make the difference in my opinion. There were some fancy touch sensitive light switches in the room which look great. However if you wake early in the morning and want to go to the bathroom it is impossible not to switch both the bathroom and bedroom lights on at the same time waking up anyone left in bed.
The remote control to the television was a complete disaster. It is a multi function unit and you have to go through a convoluted menu and functionality display every time you use it. Even if you only want to alter the volume. Even more frustrating the final step before you finally get control of the thing switches the television off so you miss what you were watching anyway!!!
As I said earlier we ate in the restaurant and the food was fine. However the music is so loud it is almost impossible to hold a conversation. I would have been as well buying a chinese carryout and eating it in a nightclub!!
Most worryingly I feel the decor is starting to look a little tired and shabby. A top end boutique hotel should look spot on. However there are gouges out of the panels in the lift, numerous areas in our room where the decor was scuffed bashed worn or torn.
I was really looking forward to our stay in Tigerlily and I can see what the appeal is for other people. However I was left feeling a little disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wyrtaj
Reviewed 3 February 2013

A wonderful place to stay in the centre of Edinburgh. My husband surprised by booking a Suite here and it was immaculatey clean, fresh and spacious. The shower area was massive together with the general bathroom area. Lovely touches all around the room including GHD straighteners provided and fresh fruit.
The decor was lovely throughout the hotel (beiges / pink).
We stayed for evening meal which turned out to be fabulous and even though we had made plans to go elsewhere for drinks afterwards, we enjoyed the food and bar area so much we stayed the whole night.
I can highly recommend this place to stay and eat... breakfast is superb - together with the service to match.

Room Tip: We went for a suite, but all the rooms looked great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaggybean
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Had the pleasure of staying here again this week. I received an Itison voucher for dinner, bed & breakfast as a gift. As the timing of our visit to Edinburgh coincided with my Wife's birthday I took the opportunity to upgrade my booking to a full Georgian suite. On arrival the check in staff were efficient & friendly. We were shown to our suite which was absolutely spotless. The furnishings & fittings are of the highest standard & the bathroom is stunning. Having the conveniance of a remote control living flame gas fire at the bottom of the bed added to the air of luxury. The hotel def. has a cool & funky vibe.

We had pre-booked dinner & were treated to complimentary cocktails at the bar before being seated. The food itself was outstanding with service to match. The weather in Edinburgh was wet & windy, so we decided to stay in the hotel bar & meet our friends there. I think it's fair to say that we all had a great night & were well looked after by the bar staff. I would hate to single out any one member of staff for praise as they were all really good, however Hostess Julls is a definite asset to the hotel.

Of all the hotels we have ever stayed at in the UK & abroad Tigerlily more than any other consistently scores highly in every department. They somehow manage to get everything just right. If you ever find yourself in Edinburgh & require accomodation, then look no further than Tigerlily.....you wont be disappointed.

2  Thank Stewartmac1
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We stayed in January for one night for hubby's 40th. Can't fault the hotel at all. From our early arrival (room was ready for us), receptionist was very welcoming and we were shown to our room and told how everything worked - nice touch. We had booked a dinner bed and breakfast package and dinner was lovely. Great option to be able to have breakfast delivered to your room too. We has upgraded and was definitely worth it! Can't wait to go back.