“Very nice stay”
Review of Tigerlily Hotel

Tigerlily Hotel
Ranked #15 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 30 May 2008

Booked a Georgian Mini-Suite on the third floor. Lovely room. Great service. Bar and restaurant very busy, but attentive staff meant no waiting to be served. Excellent location.

Reviewed 29 May 2008

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at Tigerlily and all I can say is that it was amazing. As soon as you step in, until you leave, you really get the feeling someone has put a whole lot of thought into this place.

There was a list of things (stained seats, broken door lock, broken ipod speakers, broken toilet flush) that would have driven me mad but in this place you forgive and forget because the rest is so fantastic.

The interiors architecture is very stylish but also tasteful. For probably the most stylish hotel in Edinburgh you still do not feel inimidated or any pretentiousness.

The best thing, however, is the staff. They were all so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

Already thinking of getting back as soon as possible.

Reviewed 21 May 2008

My fiance and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at Tigerlily and are already wishing we could go back. Having read some of the reviews on here (after we'd booked) we were slightly worried that it may be pretentious and the epitome of style-over-substance however we needn't have worried.

We read some reviews saying that the nightclub and bins made for noisy rooms and that some didn't have baths so we emailed in advance asking for 'a quiet room with a bath' and that's exactly what we got (Room 11 which was over the restaurant and with a great bath & shower). The room itself was also lovely with its little sofa area and extras such as ipod, GHDs, Edinburgh eating guides and yummy White Company toiletries. Also due to an early flight into Edinburgh we arrived at 9 but they were more than happy to look after our bags until check-in.

Hotel amenities were fab -breakfast was big and scrummy, cocktails were great and the meal we had was divine and being on George St was so central to everything. The whole hotel-despite it's trendy style- had a very relaxed feel and it was very easy to come and go as you pleased. We were not at all surprised that a magazine was doing a photoshoot there when we left.

In fact our days were perfect and the only negative experience was a bad curry with extremely rude service at a place called Khushis on Victoria Street (avoid!!!) however we will be back to Edinburgh soon and we know exactly where we'll be staying!!

1  Thank laberthon
Reviewed 19 May 2008

This was a suprise trip for me, my boyfriend had planned everything and the hotel was the best thing about it, I couldn't of chosen better if I had done it myself!

I obviously didn't look at any reviews before I went but just looking at some of the headings of previous reviews I'm not sure they went to the same hotel.

The food was absolutely gorgeous, we had an evening meal and breakfast, the service was really quick and the food and drinks were really nice. The waiters waitresses were really friendly even recommending drinks for us.

The room was absolutley fab, everything you could of needed for your stay was provided, someone even came to our room offering us ice which i've never experienced before, but was great as we did need some to chill our champagne!

I don't know what to add that will help anyone looking at this hotel, but I will say that I have never been so relaxed in a hotel room in all my life and thats what a weekend away should be about.

Reviewed 9 May 2008

We stayed here on a deal I spotted on their website, pay for two nights get the third free.
On arrival we were shown to our room, my only query was can you hear the nightclub (we were on the first floor) I was assured we couldnt. However that night both my husband and I woke a few times with the noise, we said it to receiption on the way down to breakfast in the morning, receptionist told us that you usually cant hear the nightclub however, she allocated us the same standard room on the next floor which was great and solved the noise problem.

The rooms and bathrooms are fantastic, breakfast of a good choice ( i like the way they serve a little bit later than most hotels) we had dinner in the restaurant one night and it was delicious. We also had cocktails on Friday evening as their was a promotion on in the bar ( I think it may be on most Fridays) they were great.

As a previous poster said, its the little things, the fresh milk, fruit in the bedrooms, drinks in the mini bar the same price as the bar downstairs (normally they are much more expensive), GHD's I could go on...

All in all a great weekend was had here, i dont think its suitable for kids at all, in fact thinking about it I dont think I seen a child in the place all weekend. My only complaint is the noise on the first night..but that was not enough to put me off the place. We will be back..

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2008

Before we went I read some fantastic reviews about this hotel. However, ladies, none of them mention until now, the "ghd's" which are provided in EVERY room, and breakfast is served until 12noon and even until 6pm on a Sunday!!! Perfect for your relaxing getaway.

Bedrooms are gorgeous. Each room had its own mini-bar-fridge, where it kept a complimentry pot of milk that you could use when making tea- rather than the UHT stuff. (it's the little things!)

We had a delicious breakfast every morning, and enjoyed a meal there one night too. The cocktails are superb, didn't even get to try all of them!

Everyone was really helpful, sociable and pleasant. We had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sparky_28
Reviewed 27 April 2008

Great place to stay. Fab location and cool rooms. Bathrooms fun and fantastic (but state of the art showers spoilt by low water pressure).

Breakfast choice great but availability terrible - cooked breakfast not available any of the mornings we stayed there. Excuses varied (takes time to warm ovens, need to prepare and then cook) but surely a cooked breakfast in under 40 minutes at 7.30 am is not unreasonable.

Enjoy your stay... but don't yearn for sausages in the morning.

Stayed: April 2008