“Great first impressions and exceeded our expectations”
Review of Tigerlily Hotel

Tigerlily Hotel
Ranked #17 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Great first impressions and exceeded our expectations”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

On arrival, the welcome at reception was excellent and first impressions fully met our expectations. What exceeded our expectations was the unexpected chilled sparkling wine & chocolates waiting for us in the room (thank you Jodi for resolving the confusion over our reservation). The room and en-suite were very spacious. Nice touches like fresh fruit each day and a small jug of milk in the fridge to go with the filter coffee added to the effect. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very peaceful. We were also very impressed with the service and quality of the breakfasts which were a great start to the day. We would unhesitatingly recommend Tigerlily and look forward to staying there again in the near future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I feel slightly mean giving 3 stars. There are some excellent features but also some very irritating aspects.
Excellent central location, but as a consequence no dedicated parking.
Despite this we did manage to park close by at £3 per hour for a maximum of 3 hours !!
On arrival, the reception desk is neither obvious or signed, but once the tiny area was found the staff were helpful and friendly.
The rooms cannot be faulted - big, comfortable and good en-suite - but the lighting system was unnecessarily complicated.
The bar/ night club is very, very busy and very, very noisy - which is great if you are wanting a night out, but not so good if you want to eat in the restaurant and have a conversation !
The food was excellent ,but the ambiance not - such a shame.
Fortunately our room was far enough away from the bar to not be disturbed by the noise at night .
On the whole I found the reception staff and the waiting staff very helpful and efficient, but I found the staff who had the headset to be at times quite aloof and unfriendly. I'm not exactly sure what their role was .
Would we go back - not sure.
If we do- we won't be eating there !!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I decided to treat myself on my first night in Edinburgh at Tigerlily, and I was not disappointed. Although I arrived quite early in the morning, the reception desk staff could not have been nicer about holding my luggage, getting me into a room early (well before checkin time), letting me know when the room was ready, and arranging for my luggage to be taken to my room while I was out and about. The bed was exquisitely comfortable - absolutely what I needed after a horrible night's sleep on the plane and a day of sightseeing. My room was on the third floor, so I had no trouble with noise. I had the B&B package, so I enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the restaurant in the morning. My stay was a splurge, but it was worth it for a night. I would stay here again on a special occasion.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
France
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here for one night. The room was large with a lovely large en-suite and a comfortable super king size bed. It was on the first floor above the nightclub but you could hardly hear the music and it didn't interrupt our sleep. We had the two course dinner for £15 dinner as we were off to the theatre and the food was excellent, as was the breakfast, very high quality. The staff were friendly and the cocktails in the bar were super. The hotel needs a little bit of a face lift but everything was very clean and tidy and the staff were very attentive and friendly, we would definitely stay here again. Free on street parking between 1830 and 0830 and £3 an hour either side of this.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by noise ask for the 2nd floor or higher.
1 Thank LePatioDordogne
Northampton
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We dined at Tigerlily while visiting Edinburgh on the recommendation of a friend. The restaurant is stylish and the food is absolutely delicious. We went for the two courses for £15 option and we were not disappointed! In fact I would say the pork belly was the finest I have ever eaten.
I would heartily recommend you go.

Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

This is a fabulous hotel, great location and excellent food but the noise at night is INCREDIBLE!!!!

We have stayed 2 nights, Saturday and Sunday, and both nights have been unable to sleep because of the banging music noise from the bar below our room! In fact, I am writing this review on my phone at 2:12am as I am unable to sleep due to the racket!!

I don't class myself as an old 'fuddy duddy', and I accept that this is a popular and happening venue in a city centre, but for goodness sake have some consideration for your hotel guests!

I cannot fault the hotel decor, the nice rooms, the excellent breakfasts, the superb evening meal or the staff just the damned constant loud music until 3am in the morning....

Don't stay here if you expect your hundreds of pounds a night hotel room to be quiet and peaceful as it won't be. Great for party animals who run all night and fall into bed in a drunken coma in the wee small hours!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adhutton
perth scotland
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here for one night only, but everything was perfect! The welcome from the reception staff was just as one would wish and expect, they greeted us with big smiles, and as our room was not ready, took our case, and when we came back it had been taken to our room. Our room was superb, everything one would need was provided including hairdryer, hair straighteners, iron and board, various drinks, top quality toiletries from the White Company, toweling robes, fresh fruit, bottled water, and much more. The bed was huge, and very comfortable, with crisp sheets and duvet. The bathroom very big with a superb walk in shower. Excellent breakfast of freshly squeezed orange juice, tea or coffee, and a great grill of saute potatoes, baby tomatoes, haggis, 2 eggs, 2 rashers bacon, 2 sausage, mushrooms, and toast, My wife had very good eggs benedict. A great boutique type hotel that I highly recommend.