Tigerlily Hotel
Hotels.com
US$330
US$216
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$252/night.

US$108
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$273
US$249
Waldorf Astoria
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

US$129
US$125
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$128
US$226
US$199
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

US$134
US$122
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

US$200
US$195
Orbitz.com
1,902 results
All reviewsgeorgian suitegeorge streetblack roomluxury double roomghd straightenerswhite company toiletriesmini suitelighting systembreakfast in beditison dealon arrivalmini bargorgeous hotelturn down servicehuge bedlittle toucheswalk in shower
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed 29th October to 1st November on the DBB offer to celebrate my daughters birthday. It was chosen as a treat and we were not disappointed. Initially I booked dinner for the first night only anticipating exploring other restaurants in Edinburgh. However, an email suggested we booked a table each evening and cancelled if we wanted to. We were so pleased we did as the weather deteriorated late afternoon every day and venturing out would have been horrible. There was plenty of choice on the menu and the food was delicious - we mixed and matched the different menus to suit with no objections at all. The complimentary cocktail was interesting but enjoyable. On the second evening the barman suggested a change which we tried but went back to the original on the third evening. Excellent breakfasts were served in the bar/restaurant with effective lighting adjustments?
The room was spacious with great decor. Loved the little turn down touch of sheepskin rugs on the wood floor. I share the minor criticism of the lighting system and add one other, also minor, - lack of drawers.
Staff were all fantastic - friendly, attentive and helpful without being intrusive. It felt that nothing was too much trouble. A waiter at breakfast noticing we were looking at a map of Edinburgh volunteered helpful and enthusiastic suggestions.
We heard no noise from the night club at all, in fact we had to ask where it was as we were intrigued.
We thoroughly enjoyed our special stay and I have no hesitation in recommending the Tigerlilly. The strong point, apart from the wonderful decor, is most definitely the staff - full marks to selectors and trainers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed one night in tigerlilly on bonfire night , I had read reviews about the club so i emailed first thing before arrival and got a reply pretty much instantly to say i had been allocated a room on the top floor , The rooms are stunning ! beautiful furniture and bedding , Huge bathroom and lots of little extras . The staff where all pleasant and i had one of the best mojitos ever in the bar . The location is excellent with many bars and restaurants , Within 5 mins from princes st and a short walk to the mainline station . Great for a little luxury break , Highly recommended .

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are the better to avoid the noise and are more superior
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2013

On arrival, the welcome at reception was excellent and first impressions fully met our expectations. What exceeded our expectations was the unexpected chilled sparkling wine & chocolates waiting for us in the room (thank you Jodi for resolving the confusion over our reservation). The room and en-suite were very spacious. Nice touches like fresh fruit each day and a small jug of milk in the fridge to go with the filter coffee added to the effect. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very peaceful. We were also very impressed with the service and quality of the breakfasts which were a great start to the day. We would unhesitatingly recommend Tigerlily and look forward to staying there again in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I feel slightly mean giving 3 stars. There are some excellent features but also some very irritating aspects.
Excellent central location, but as a consequence no dedicated parking.
Despite this we did manage to park close by at £3 per hour for a maximum of 3 hours !!
On arrival, the reception desk is neither obvious or signed, but once the tiny area was found the staff were helpful and friendly.
The rooms cannot be faulted - big, comfortable and good en-suite - but the lighting system was unnecessarily complicated.
The bar/ night club is very, very busy and very, very noisy - which is great if you are wanting a night out, but not so good if you want to eat in the restaurant and have a conversation !
The food was excellent ,but the ambiance not - such a shame.
Fortunately our room was far enough away from the bar to not be disturbed by the noise at night .
On the whole I found the reception staff and the waiting staff very helpful and efficient, but I found the staff who had the headset to be at times quite aloof and unfriendly. I'm not exactly sure what their role was .
Would we go back - not sure.
If we do- we won't be eating there !!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I decided to treat myself on my first night in Edinburgh at Tigerlily, and I was not disappointed. Although I arrived quite early in the morning, the reception desk staff could not have been nicer about holding my luggage, getting me into a room early (well before checkin time), letting me know when the room was ready, and arranging for my luggage to be taken to my room while I was out and about. The bed was exquisitely comfortable - absolutely what I needed after a horrible night's sleep on the plane and a day of sightseeing. My room was on the third floor, so I had no trouble with noise. I had the B&B package, so I enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the restaurant in the morning. My stay was a splurge, but it was worth it for a night. I would stay here again on a special occasion.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo