“An amazing surprise trip away”
Review of Tigerlily Hotel

Tigerlily Hotel
Ranked #17 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
England, United Kingdom
“An amazing surprise trip away”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

My fiancé took me here as a surprise trip, he'd booked the mini Georgian suite but as he'd told the hotel he was planning on proposing they upgraded us to the Georgian suite, which was out of this world. I was speechless as we walked into the room. We also ate in the restaurant the first night, the food was lovely. We had breakfast too also lovely with a good choice. The hotel was quite central to the castle and George street, with some bars and restaurants on the same street.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura F
TigerlilyManager, Manager at Tigerlily Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you so much for your fabulous feedback. We are delighted that you loved your upgrade to the Georgian Suite, it is very romantic and the perfect setting for a proposal. We are always happy to offer upgrades for special occasions, availability permitting.
We do hope that you return, perhaps to celebrate your anniversary.

Kind regards

Zoe Sinclair
Reception Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel in one of the best locations in Edinburgh.
My other half took me for a romantic weekend, I could not have been happier with the choice of hotel. Unfortunately the person he had been dealing with got quiet a few things wrong which caused us to get stressed. The staff did everything to make up for it including comping our dinner. Special thanks to Richard for ensuring I got home made Raspberry jam! We will defiantly return. Edinburgh what a great city, full of helpful people.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TigerlilyManager, Manager at Tigerlily Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments. We sincerely apologise for the initial errors but are delighted that we were able to remedy them and that you left Tigerlily feeling valued and happy. I have passed on your gratitude to Richard for the jam. We are grateful for your positive review and very much look forward to your return visit.

Kind regards

Zoe Sinclair
Reception Manager
Hamilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I'm not one to write a bad review but there were a lot of negatives with Tigerlily as well as positives.

There's no doubt about it, it's a lovely hotel, very bright modern decor and a great location on George St.

We booked a last minute Sunday overnight and when we arrived our room wasn't ready - fair enough, we booked late...so were taken to another room...wasn't ready so were upgraded to "Room 1"

This is a stunning big room and probably the best room in the hotel and is used in all of their marketing material - we thought we'd won a watch...a Tag at that !

Massive 4-poster bead, big telly at the end, big fancy fire, separate seating area, HUUUGE bathroom with another telly in the wall and an enormous walk in shower, all in all a stunning room.

However, if I was planning the hotel layout, I don't think I'd stick it right above the nightclub !
03:00 on a Monday morning the music was still going then silence.....sleep, great...until 07:00 when someone starts hammering and cracking away in the reception.

On leaving we seen this was tiles being maintained/replaced/repaired in the main reception area.

When asked if we enjoyed our stay I commented (nicely) on the racket from the club and then the unacceptable maintenance at such an early time...the response - "Well we did upgrade you"....

Eh ? Sorry ? I wasn't asking for a discount, anything but. If I'd paid the full amount for that suite and that's the service level that got delivered I would quite simply have refused to pay, that's how ridiculous the noise was.

Tip to Tigerlily...do your essential maintenance at times when it is least inconvenient to your paying guests and that's not at 07:00 !

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Derek L
TigerlilyManager, Manager at Tigerlily Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review our property. I have looked into this situation as I was not aware of any maintenance works at reception. I however have since noticed that you stayed back in April 2013. Firstly I am very sorry you experienced noise issues in Room 1. Since you stayed last year we have had major changes in the nightclub downstairs. The club had a refurbishment last Autumn and as part of that refurbishment the speakers we moved to different areas to minimise noise issues in Tigerlily,

With regards to the comment the receptionist made I do agree this comment seems a little inappropriate. Since April last year we have a brand new team on reception and we have spent a great deal of time on customer service and training.

If you would like to return to Tigerlily please contact me directly - jodi@tigerlilyedinburgh.co.uk

Many thanks for your comments,

London
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here on a Sunday night in March 2014. When we got to room we received a knock at the door and we were instantly upgraded to a suite which was lovely.

Bar is lovely with great cocktails and the location perfect. Staff really lovely too.

Room Tip: Suite in room 29 is nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TigerlilyManager, Manager at Tigerlily Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review Tigerlily.

We are pleased you received a free upgrade and had a lovely stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

During our stay in Edinburgh I decided to book Tigerlily as a special treat for my Husband and I as it was his birthday. On arrival, we were greeted promptly and the man on the door took us into the bar and made us feel welcome. Whilst waiting at the bar the hostess arrived as our table was ready (bang on time). She was polite and courteous and commented on my dress (always nice!) Our server/waiter was an irish man who was very efficient and clearly knew what he was doing. He allowed us to look at the menus and he took our drinks order. We ordered 2 courses each. The steak is phenomenal and although expensive it is absolutely worth it. My husband had the monkfish which he said was amazing. Pudding I had the white choc cheesecake (devine) and hubby had chocolate fondant. I ordered a scoop of ice-cream with my cheesecake and was disappointed in this as ir was grainy and lumpy. Not churned enough I think. I spoke to the server about this and he refunded it and made it clear he would speak to chef. I appreciated that.
We then had lots of cocktails and more drinks and left fat and full!
This place is fabulous and I will def return. Thanks tigerlily!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review Tigerlily.

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay at Tigerlily. I am pleased you found the staff polite, friendly and efficient. We aim to give great, friendly customer service and it is always lovely to hear we are delivering in this area. I will discuss with the Head Chef the comments over the ice cream but I am pleased the rest of the food was delicious.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Mt girlfriend and I stayed here for a 40th birthday celebration. Situated in the heart of Edinburgh easy access to everything you might need but also demonstrating a level of intimacy that makes you feel pleasantly remote. This hotel lived up to and surpassed our high expectations. From the delightful check in and birthday treats this was a stay which is impossible to fault. The room was fabulous, clean,tidy, well maintained quiet and comfortable. We dined at the restaurant and the food was fantastic, bar staff and waitress's attention to detail was immaculate.

Impossible to fault and very hard to beat, we shall definitely return!!!

Room Tip: 23 is an excellent room, I didn't see any of the others but I expect that there is not a bad roo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay at Tigerlily.

Tigerlily located in the city centre and is in a great location for seeing Edinburgh. We are pleased you liked your room at Tigerlily. All of our rooms are very comfortable and our housekeeping team have extremely high standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and if were gifted an overnight stay here. The rooms are stunning, very comfortable and has everything you need. We loved it. My only criticism is that's it's quite expensive but based on it's location that's to be expected in Edinburgh.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Tigerlily. We are pleased you enjoyed your recent gift to stay at Tigerlily.

Tigerlily is an award winning boutique hotel and is centrally loacted. We do offer many different hotel packages and offers throughout the year at discounted prices. Please sign up to our mailing list on our website and you will be able to receive new offers.

We hope you will return to Tigerlily in the future.