“Beautiful”

Tigerlily Hotel
Ranked #15 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went here last night 27/5 for dinner with my daughter and her friend
The service was amazing and the food gorgeous
We had the 2 course set menu for £15 which was great value
Will deffo be going back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ladymaule

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

It actually angers me slightly when I read even slightly negative reviews on this gorgeous hotel. I stayed here on the 26th with my boyfriend for our anniversary! It was absolutely gorgeous. The staff were unbelievably polite and friendly from the second I emailed them to reserve our room to the moment we checked out.

The rooms are absolutely beautiful and huge with and amazingly comfortable bed that could fit at least 4 people in it. The bathroom is beautiful, with wonderful lighting throughout the whole suite.

The food was by far the BEST meal I have ever had in my life and I rated it far above the meals I had in London. I had the hot salmon and chive croquettes, pork belly main and chocolate fondant dessert and was utterly blown away by the quality and quantity!

A review below states the staff are not attentive. Now everyone is entitled to their opinion but we were repeatedly checked on and updated and when I requested a late check out the gentleman was lovely and did everything he could with no extra charge. Even the maintenance men were extremely friendly in the morning on the way to breakfast!!

Overall, the best trip and hotel I have stayed in. Beautiful on SO many levels, perfect for a couples getaway. Will definitely be visiting again! Thank you to EVERYONE at Tigerlily! You made our anniversary perfect! :D

2  Thank Cairon92
Reviewed 25 May 2014

On the 14th of April I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The check in was a little messy, but the staff was very friendly. The elevator and corridors are very basic and the rooms are of a high standard. The ground floor area with the bars and restaurants were great in atmosphere. The service was slow and staff were not very attentive. The quality of the offered food was mediocre. Overall a pleasant atmosphere, good quality room but lack of quality in service and food during diner and breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night and I have to say what a fantastic hotel!

We have stayed in some top class hotels in the world but we both agreed the staff and general standard of the hotel, rooms, bar and nightclub are of the highest quality!!

We would recommend this hotel and look forward to staying again.

My wife left her jacket and we received an email letting us know and they would mail it to us. Very honest and very impressed!!

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked one night here as it had been recommended by a friend, we certainly were not disappointed! We've visited Edinburgh many times and this is our favourite hotel by far. From the moment we checked in we were made to feel very welcomed and special. Our room was lovely and very comfortable, everything we wanted was there.
The lively cocktail bar was superb as was breakfast the next morning. All the staff were so friendly and very accommodating, we're looking forward to our next visit. Well worth a stay !!!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We booked this hotel through hotels.com on a very competitive price and what a great boutique hotel ideally located for seeing both old and new parts of town. After 10 minute walk from Waverley train station we arrived to be greeted with a warm & smiling welcome on booking in and as we had arrived early left our cases whilst we took off to stroll and reacquaint ourselves with Edinburgh , on our return we were shown to our well appointed room where we were shown the control panel for lighting / temp/ air conditioning and the iPod etc . Everything about this hotel made our stay special from the little touches like iPod , ghd hair straighteners along with fresh fruit , bottles of water to fresh milk for tea / coffee in our room to the fantastic staff all of whom from checking desk, concierge , bar / waiting staff made this a 5 star experience. The breakfasts were very good and competitively priced ( we had room only ) we also enjoyed a late lunch / early evening meal ( great value at 2 courses for £15. ) after which we enjoyed a cocktail or 2. This hotel is used by locals and hotel guests alike and is lively even midweek , there is also a basement night club , although we had read reviews saying that noise could be a problem we had a room at the rear ( 22 ) and slept soundly without any disturbance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Located on George Street in Central Edinburgh the hotel is ideally located for both old and new parts of town.

The hotel is more a boutique type. The room is beautifully appointed with a very modern decor and a pre-loaded iPod and hair straighteners too.

The bar area is very well frequented with hotel guests and locals. It's a spacious area open to the dining area. Sitting by the roaring fire sipping chocolate box red wine and cloudy bay white wine was heavenly.

Everything about tiger lily was very much higher than our expectations.

I loved everything about it but a very special mention must be made of their fantastic staff. From the check in desk, the concierge who took us to the room and explained all the different mood lighting, the very knowledgeable bar staff and the waiters at breakfast. Very much a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple