Tigerlily Hotel
US$129
US$125
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
Agoda.com
US$185
US$167
1,904 results
All reviewsgeorgian suitegeorge streetblack roomluxury double roomghd straightenerswhite company toiletriesmini suitelighting systembreakfast in beditison dealon arrivalmini bargorgeous hotelturn down servicehuge bedlittle toucheswalk in shower
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night on the 8th June and had it was fab. We arrived earlier than the check in time of 3 hoping we could leave our bags to save us lugging them around, and the reception staff were more than happy to let us leave them. We sorted all the paperwork and checked in at this time too so that when we came back later we were taken straight up to our room where our bags had already been taken up whilst we were out. We were also upgraded to a luxury room free of charge which was a lovely surpise!
The room itself was beautiful, the only thing we had trouble with was the confusing lighting system, but that was probably just us being silly! We actually went down to the bar for cocktails on the evening, and they were lovely and the bar staff very friendly. Again the Next day we were allowed to leave our bags all day until about 8pm when our train back was so this was great. The hotel is in a perfect location and the bed was soo comfy we had a great nights sleep. I would definitely recommend staying here for a treat!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here on a bank holiday Monday (26 May, 2014).....what a fantastic hotel. I really couldn't fault any aspect of it so let me praise it bit by bit.

Location: one of the reasons I like Edinburgh is because everything is within reach once you're in the heart of the city. This hotel is in an ideal location - a short walk from the train station and a couple minutes walk from Princes Street, putting you in touching distance of everything you want

Staff: It really was a pleasure to meet every member of Tigerlily we spoke to. From the friendly and helpful folk at reception, the poor guy who lugged our breakfast up to our room in the morning (at no extra cost) and all of the bar/restaurant staff who always had a smile and a laugh. At no point did they make us feel uncomfortable, rushed or hurried and they offered to store our bags for us on the day we were leaving so we didn't have to lug them about. I know you would probably expect that but I appreciated that they offered before I got chance to ask.

The rooms: WOW...what a room! Now I did order a King Suite which looked lovely and spacious on the website and it was very good value too. However I think we got lucky with the bank holiday booking as they kindly bumped us into the unbooked 'Black Room' which they really didn't need to do at all...but I'm glad they did. Seriously check this suite out, it is unreal and certainly a fantastic one for couples to book for a special occasion. Huge bed, open fire, seat swing, tv, iPod and dock loaded with songs, air conditioned, quirky mood lighting, mini bar, the whole host of usual complimentary bits a pieces (plus the white company toiletries which my girlfriend loved) and a fantastic en suite bathroom with separate bath and walk in shower which really was a gooden. I'd challenge anyone to be disappointed with this room....it's not possible.

Food and drink: First of all we ordered breakfast which was brought to our room spot on the time we asked for. There was something on the list for all brekie tastes but I had a full grill/fry up and my girlfriend had eggs Benedict, all of which came with juice etc. delicious! We made some good progress through the cocktail menu, all of which were dam tasty. We also ordered a few puddings/bar snacks which went down a treat with the cocktails. My only regret is not having a proper meal due to lack of time. I saw plenty of plates being brought out to other tables and every plate of food was high end stuff...I would have happily destroyed every dish I saw. The bar is also open late and is lively so it's the perfect place to return to after a day or night out in Edinburgh.

So I would HIGHLY recommend Tigerlily if your visiting Edinburgh...the city is fantastic but this hotel made our trip! We we certainly stay here again when we next venture up this way.

3  Thank Tony K
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Tigerlily really must be my favourite hotel I've ever stayed in, beautiful decor, perfect rooms and gorgeous food.

Twice I have stayed in a luxury double room which is so spacious and airy, the colour schemes are perfectly complemented and the rooms really pack in as much luxury as anyone could want. Love the touches of the preloaded ipods and docking stations with speakers - nice to have choice of music to listen to while getting ready to go out. Great that the rooms have DVD players should you want to have a quiet night in the room and the mini bar is brilliantly stocked with the nice touch of having different types of glasses available in the room (wine glasses etc) and even limes to cut up for fruit garnish for which drink you might want, most hotels don't bother with such details. The beds are extremely comfy and have gorgeous linen and covers which is nice to have as so many hotels skimp on this area - nothing worse than rough sheets and hard pillows! Once we splurged and booked the Black room suite which was no disappointment and loved that it was on the top floor of the hotel - lovely views over George Street and added extras of having a bath and a shower and the beautiful remote control fireplace, id recommend this for any special occasion! On our visits here we have also always been shown to our room by a member of staff who has helped with bags and shown us around the room which I really like - a sign of a really good hotel in my opinion.

The bathrooms have a lovely area around the sink with a candle should you want to light it and the shower has great water pressure and a lovely large rainfall shower head. I'm personally a fan of walk in showers so really like the layout and design of the bathrooms.

As far as other reviews which mention the noise from the nightclub are concerned I can't ever say I have noticed this being a major problem when I have stayed - on one occasion we stayed on the 1st floor and could hear a faint noise from the club but nothing like what other reviews have mentioned. It's nice also that you can walk down the staircase and straight out the main entrance of the hotel without having to go through the bar or restaurant/reception area should you just want to head out for the night in town.

The restaurant area is beautifully designed, very stylish and a perfect place to spend the night for dinner and then drinks at the bar. The food is always excellent, the service has always been brilliant and the servers very professional and helpful. The cocktail list is extensive and its brilliant being able to try so many original ones and getting the bartenders to share their cocktail knowledge.

This hotel knows how to do boutique and luxury properly, it delivers exactly what it promises and with added extras like breakfast in bed for no extra charge and the lovely turndown service at night who can complain?

I'm turning 25 this year and really hoping to spend my birthday here - I know it won't disappoint in any way!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor if you want to guarantee no noise is head from the club downstairs. Also the itison deal is brilliant value - keep an eye out for it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

First of all the positives, a very central location, friendly staff, large room and bathroom and spotlessly clean.
Now the negatives, strange walking through a nightclub to get to reception which is tiny and right by a lift causing all sorts of congestion. Two of the lumpiest pillows ever encountered. Really poor quality and the duvet also lumpy (although this did not cause any problems). If you are charging premium rates, guys, we expect high quality bedding. In order to open window, had to remove part of double glazing which just slotted out but a bit odd. Terrible groaning noise to bathroom door. Groaning noise and pillows complained about. Pillows replaced. Groaning continued. Beware, the lighting system is a nightmare. If may be possible to switch on a bathroom light in the night without switching on another light to read the panel in order to switch on the bathroom light but we never worked it out. It is just daft. No noise in our room on the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: Go high up or I suspect it will be noisy.
1  Thank penlorn
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We visited the Tigerlily Hotel at the beginning of May for an overnight stay. We booked a standard double through booking.com. The hotel is in a good central location! Upon arrival we found out that we had been changed to a junior suite which was a lovely suprise. One thing that was a bit strange is that they took the money for the room which was £145 in our case and an extra £50 (in case of purchases made from mini bar etc). My partner was told that the £195 would not be taken from the card but but a hold would be placed on it. When it came to check out we recieved a bill of £186. The card was taken again to process the properly but my partner states that we never recieved the £9 that we didnt use. It was only £9 so have not followed this up as the rest of the experience was fantastic but just be prepared and have the money available on your card. On arrival we were shown to our room by a very polite gent who showed us everything in the room. The room was amazing and definatly the best room I have ever stayed in. Very clean and a very large bed! The light switches were a tad confusing at first and it annoyed me that you couldnt have the full lights on in the bathroom without a bedroom light turning on, seems like they have over complicated a usual very simple process, especially when getting up in the night and trying to turn lights on. The bathroom was amazing. Massive shower and very clean with slippers and bathrobes along with lovely tiles. We ordered breakfast in bed and it was delivered by 2 lovely staff and on the time we requested. This included a full cooked breakfast, juice and tea and was well worth the extra cost. Unfortunately we did not use the bar or eat at the hotel in the short time we were there but my partner was very impesssed with the smoking area that appeared to be inside and warm. Overall a brilliant experience and would LOVE to come back again soon!! Would highley recommend Tigerlily to anyone!!