“.......so far? .......underwhelmed.......:(”
Review of Tigerlily Hotel

Tigerlily Hotel
Ranked #15 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just checked in, we have ate and drank here often so hubby decided to book for a birthday treat..........so far......room us pretty basic. Lamp shade needs replaced and wallpaper is peeling......sooooo disappointed. I really hope that I am made to eat my words.......watch this space.......

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kbnsbruce

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is the third time we have stayed. The accommodation is exceptional and the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. We stayed for dinner and loved the ambience and well presented and thoughtfully prepared dishes. The hotel is right in the heart of Edinburgh and easily accessible - even by car. Couldn't recommend this place more.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Geoff06
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here on Saturday night everything was smooth sailing from check in to check out.

The room was amazing and exceeded expectation.

The staff were so attentive and the food was out of this world.

It was such a great escape from everyday life and was just what the doctor ordered.

If you're planning a trip to Edinburgh it is defo worth your time and money to plan a wee stay at Tigerlily

Room Tip: Stayed in Georgian suite it was AMAZING!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bernadette C
Reviewed 3 July 2014

First class Hotel .Cant fault it in anyway.Stayed here for one night as it was our wedding anniversary. Did not dissapoint . Great staff ,food ,drinks and overall a great experience . We will be back soon .100%

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tam q
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week and we enjoyed our stay. Staff are friendly and helpful, they actually walk you up to your room and show you the features available in your room. There was a ipod, mini bar, fresh fruits are served everyday. They really paid attention to details and made our stay very comfortable. They also have a hair straightener and dryer available. There is a cocktail bar and restaurant on the ground floor as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for one night with my boyfriend on 30th June. Tigerlily is beautifully decorated and has such a great atmosphere,I would say definitely aimed at the 20s-30s. We stayed in room 9, again beautifully decorated, huge shower, heated robes, amazing shower and a massive super comfy bed. All the staff we came in contact with were professional and friendly, really anticipating our needs before we had even asked. Dinner was lovely too- the pea and mint risotto is delicious. I will absolutely stay there again and have already recommended it to my friends!! A++

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel is situated ideally for those travelling by train. It's approximately 15-20 minutes walk from the station and near enough to all the main tourist attractions.

The hotel's room was excellent. The bed was pretty large considering we'd only gone for a standard room. The minibar/fridge was well stocked with every type of alcoholic drink you could want. There was even a lime for the taquila. Also, for a pleasant change there was fresh milk in there rather than the small long life pots you normally get in McDonalds for the tea and coffee in the room. However, I think what really sold the room to my girlfriend was that the room came equipped with some ghd hair straighteners and salon style hair dryer. Ideal. The shower was great and was big enough to swing a cat in. The complementary shower gels, shampoos etc were also plentiful and of nice quality. There wasn't a bath which was fine as I much prefer a shower in any case but I know this might put some people off. The only real minor complaint we had was that the TV wasn't working properly. The channels were very hit and miss on getting any reception. It didn't bother us too much as who goes on holiday to watch TV? But it was annoying when wanting to watch the news in the evening before bed. However once we'd reported the problem they did manage to sort the issue. The also knocked a bit off the bill at the end of the stay as well which was generous. Other hotels would not have been so forthcoming.

The cost of the room was very reasonable considering what we got for the price. We had opted for a standard double room but I don't think there was anything missing from the room that you could possibly want. There was ample space for all our belongings, although I am glad I'd brought some additional hangers with me.

The staff at the hotel were excellent. Polite, helpful, they couldn't do enough for you. Nothing was to much bother. Upon arrival to the hotel we promptly checked in and were shown to our room and shown around. We were always wished a pleasant evening when heading out for tea and were always greeted upon our return. A nice touch.

The breakfast was very nice. Always freshly prepared and cooked with high quality ingredients. I especially liked the haggis which I'd never had before. My only criticism of breakfast was there wasn't any additional buffet for the likes of breakfast cereals and other long life items you normally get at most hotels.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple