“I like”

Ranked #25 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
horace49
“I like”
Reviewed 7 May 2009

TigerLily is a great place - good food, excellent service, great design and a good location. The only thing is that its too busy at weekends. The bar and restaurant were packed and there seemed to be no exclusivity as to who they let in. I stayed previously during the week and its much more pleasant. Can't fault it other than that. Fabulous design, accents of pink and quality fixtures and fittings!. One thing I did notice cold cold air conditioning! Asked for it to be turned down. It was not . £231 for dinner bed and breakfast for one night. Its not cheap - but you get what you pay for!

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Turkish first
kirstyallison
Reviewed 25 April 2009

Had a really really smashing time, stayed in the city three nights. Booked this hotel having seen reviews. stayed in hotel du vin first night (very nice, very good deal and great food) and here the second followed by the Glass house. This was the best experience, afternoon tea was great, cocktails were yummy (and i am not usually a fan!) and room service was brilliant!
The rooms are an experience in themselves, never been anywhere like it......thanks everyone for a really nice stay and we cannot wait to come back! trust the reviews despite the fact it looks a little 'mad' - it is - but its a pleasurable experience!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
west yorkshire
Reviewed 21 April 2009

I recently stayed at Tigerlily for 2 nights with my 14 year old son. We shared a Georgian mini suite which was large and tastefully decorated. On the first night apples and mineral water were provided alongside tea and coffee making facilities. The wall hung TV was a good size and my son enjoyed the fully loaded ipod and complimentary DVD use although the choice was not large. The lighting in the room was complicated to work out and generally not bright enough. The bathroom lighting was extremely dim and the decor was a bit soulless although the room was a very good size.
Breakfast was a little disappointing in that there was no buffet and I really missed not having any fresh fruit. The cooked food was of a high standard though. Service was a bit slow but staff were very pleasant and polite.
Overall I think the Tigerlily was good value for money but not quite as first rate as previous reviews had suggested.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
NYC
Reviewed 6 April 2009

I am young and single and I stayed at the Tigerlily in March/April of 2009 for 3 nights and it was Amazing. Its very ridiculously Trendy. Great Bar area, great nightclub.....The Staff was beyond AMAZING, an issue came up with my travel companion and they were so Accomodating and so Attentive and for that I am FOREVER Grateful.....Its a 5 minute walk to Prince Street and a 15 minute walk to the Royal Mile, its the perfect location for everything and anything.

The rooms were awesome and HUGE...The beds and the sheets were plush. The bathroom was awesome.. They provide you with a PRELOADED IPOD and Stereo loaded with all every recording artist on the planet........The staff is at your beck and call......

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 18 March 2009

I booked to stay here on my own for just one night, having read the great reviews on Tripadvisor and receiving a recommendation from a taxi driver on a previous trip! The hotel absolutely lived up to my expectations.

My visit started off well when I arrived at Tigerlily at 9 am (early flight in...) to store my bag until check in time. However, the very charming receptionist told me my room was actually ready and bingo, 5 minutes later I was checked in and sitting in a lovely big, bright room overlooking the Firth of Forth. The room was decorated and furnished very stylishly and there were some great little touches that really work - fresh milk in the fridge, plenty of water, biscuits, oranges, a lime for drinks, White Company toiletries, sheepskin bedside rugs, a powerful hairdryer and of course their famous GHD straighteners!

Downstairs it was really nice to have the sort of classy cocktail bar and restaurant that I would normally have to go out to find. I had drinks and dinner there alone and the young staff couldn't have been more welcoming and professional.

I would highly recommend this hotel as a fun but very professionally-run base for a business or leisure trip to Edinburgh.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 4 March 2009

We recently spent a weekend at Tigerlily staying in one of the Georgian Suites. Having come down to Edinburgh from a week in the middle of nowhere in the Highlands it was a bit of a culture shock to walk into an enormous room with every conceivable gadget, but we soon got used to it. The bed was amazingly comfortable - probably the best I have ever slept in at a hotel. The overall impression was that the hotel have made a real effort to think of everything that you might need and make it available to you. Hair straightners were a nice touch, as was the fresh milk in the fridge to make tea with.

Great staff, really happy to help and made a real effort to help us celebrate a special occasion by recommending a great Thai restaurant for us to eat in. Breakfast in the restaurant was a bit slow on the Saturday so we had it sent up to the room on Sunday,which worked better.

Hotel is centrally located and has a great bar. It is, however, amazingly popular and busy at the weekends, and correspondingly noisy. One of our neighbours had an impromptu party in his room which ran till at least 3am and the next night people were still queuing for the bar/club at 2am. That didn't bother us so much as we were there to party too, but if you'd wanted to sleep, you would have struggled.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed 28 February 2009

My husband and I booked an evening in tigerlily in a mini suite, to our delight we were upgraded to the Georgian Suite on arrival. The room was amazing, we have stayed in some lovely hotels but this was out of this world, the bed was super comfortable, the i-pod had every conceivable artist on it (believe me, we tried to find something that wasn't on it and failed), the mini bar was stocked with quality drinks at reasonable prices, the hair dryer and straighteners really were salon quality, the fire added a nice romantic feel and the bathroom (complete with tv) was exquisite. We enjoyed just hanging in the room for a while and then ventured to the restaurant downstairs where we both had one of the best meals we have had in years, again, at reasonable prices. The restaurant itself was breathtaking and despite it's size and the number of people, it felt very intimate, we could not fault the very attentive service (although not overly attentive which we find very off putting). The following morning we ordered breakfast in our room, and as with everything else, it was fantastic, I very much enjoyed having a bath and watching tv, two luxuries I'm never afforded being mum to a toddler. Overall, we had a tremendous time and will definately be back, hopefully for 2 nights next time.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple