“Stay here - it's great”
Review of Tigerlily Hotel

Tigerlily Hotel
Ranked #14 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 December 2009

What a great place. Really great location being very close to Princes Street. A tad pricey (but it is in the heart of Edinbugh so prime location). Great for special occassions or anniversaries.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,824)

Reviewed 15 December 2009

Beautiful hotel! Very retro-chic, smart and glamorous style. Lots of bright colours, silver mirror and glitter balls, but somehow appears very slick rather than tacky (which if it was done badly, could so easily have been!). Room (luxury double) was gorgeous, spacious, awesome outside window lighting, bathroom huge, shower bigger than my entire house, robes and slippers always go down a treat. Big fan of the staff - all were extremely helpful and friendly (a theme reciprocated around the whole of Edinburgh by the way). Flowers were arranged for my girlfriend to be there in the room on arrival, which were amazing. Had a few bar snacks there, which were pretty good, drinks were good as well - good selection of wine, and apparently the Baileys Latte gets the nod from my other half. The bar was pounding on Saturday night, which we didn't indulge in, but looked pretty smart. didn't venture as far as the club underneath the hotel, but the queues spoke for themselves. I guess the single bad point (which is only minor) was that both the breakfasts we had were missing something we had to ask for. But the breakfasts were good, and on Sunday was available until 6pm! Awesome! (Also check out Atrium for a cracking restaurant not too far away).

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2009

We recently stayed here for our first wedding anniversary and loved the hotel. We booked a mini suite and it was gorgeous and exactly what we were expecting. The staff in the hotel were excellent as was the service - none of it could be faulted. We also had lunch and dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent. It's in a great central location however I would have been happy to just stay in the hotel for the weekend it was so nice. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone going to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2009

stayed here as part of girlie weekend package with my friend and could not fault it. rooms gorgeous, food great and service and staff very nice and helpful. they took care of everything including booking restaurants and a massage at the local spa. they even offered us maps and booked taxis for us. rooms are very clean, spacious with all mod cons. great location for doing everything, shopping, site seeing and nighlife all within walking distance. can not wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2009

We stayed at Tigerlilly for my birthday & had a great time. The location is fine & the hotel is gorgeous, especially the bar / restaurant downstairs. Our room came with free passes to Lulu, the nightclub downstairs, which I would recommend you avoid at all costs - noisy, small, packed, quite horrible. The hotel however was lovely.

The only issue would be that on an evening you have to fight your way in through all the revellers from the bar & nightclub and there is no separate entrace or concierge for the hotel which I would have expected from a hotel with these extraordinary prices!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BabyBlueLou
Reviewed 4 November 2009

The hotel is set in a lovely building on George Street, which runs parallel to Princes Street right in the centre of Edinburgh city centre. Its a lot quieter than Princes Street and is the 'Bond Street' of the city. Its well placed to access the stations (10 minutes or so walk to Waverley), and is also on the airport shuttle bus route, making it very convenient.

The hotel decor is great - bright, fun and welcoming. The bar on the ground floor is lively, and has a lovely open fire in front of which you can sit and have afternoon tea on very comfy sofas. The restaurant (although we didn't eat there) was also full.

We stayed here for a long weekend - Saturday to Monday - and I could have easily stayed the rest of the week! The room, which was a basic double, was so much nicer than most standard hotel rooms. It was relatively big, clean, and decorated nicely (I particularly like the swivelling flat screen TV and pink arm-chairs). The bed was big, but very comfortable and both my husband and I had amazing nights sleep in it. The bathroom was spotless (always important!), with a fabulous big shower.

What I particularly liked was the little touches - a fully loaded iPod in our room, an afternoon tea option, fluffy dressing gowns, slippers, iron/hair-dryer/GHDs(!!), The White Company shampoo/shower gel etc, candles, a huge range of mobile phone chargers free to use (in case, like me you forget to bring yours), free internet use and DVDs to watch, ice being offered every evening (in case you needed some for champagne etc) etc etc ...the list goes on.

The thing that made this place to great, was the staff - the fact that as soon as I asked for extra milk it literally took a couple of minutes for someone to whizz up to bring me some. They were charming, welcoming and genuinely seemed happy to help and nothing was too much trouble. I would definitely recommend people to stay here!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Received a gift voucher for this hotel for christmas, having been at their practice day before it opened to the public i was really looking forward to this. we had tickets to see red hot chilli pipers in edinburgh so decided to use the voucher on the same night. the room was fantastic everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The bed was one of the most comfortable i have slept in, the sheets where luxurious. We used the bar for a night cap and had a couple of cocktails which went down a treat...breakfast in the moring was very good and the service quick and efficient. I would highly recommend this especialy for youngish couples\ singles because of the area there are some great bars on your doorstep.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple