Open today: 06:00 - 22:30
Review Highlights
My first fly fishing lesson

My first fly fishing lesson with Callum, who was knowledgeable and patient. He explained the basics... read more

Reviewed 1 April 2021
jameswL9676BP
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Winter fly fishing - fantastic day out!

I had a fantastic day of winter fishing with Callum Conner of Scotia fishing. As a novice fisher... read more

Reviewed 2 December 2020
StephWalker90

Recommended experiences in and around Edinburgh
from US$75.00
from US$992.12
from US$22.76
from US$19.80
More Info
All reviews venison burger brown trout professional photos an excellent teacher beautiful river dram of whisky trip to scotland his knowledge great guide an incredible experience cullen skink stag do explained everything casting tweed spey tay
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Having spend many days around the world Collum led me to the salmon i wanted to catch. Fishing the Tay, Tummel und Isla was a beautiful time. Expected spring was more a late winter, water was f***g cold but we had a good time.
He picked me up every moring, took me to the river, showed me the right technic and we did not give up - rather in dropping rain or highland winds

Date of experience: April 2018
Callum C, Owner at Scotia Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2020

Hey Leo!

Thank you so much for the kind words!

It was a pleasure to guide you and you deserve some credit for enduring that weather. The Salmon gods rewarded you though :)

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Prior to meeting up with Callum, my knowledge of fly fishing was limited to the fact that it involved a rod, maybe a fish and looked really hard. While I was not wrong, it was so much more. I booked a day fly fishing with Scotia Fishing on the River Tweed. It was blustery. It was a little damp. It was easily the best day I had in Scotland. Callum was unfailingly patient and helped me learn the basic casting techniques before heading on the river to try my hand at fishing. Was I good? No. I had about four hours experience under my belt. But under Callum’s tutelage, I managed to catch a trout and discover a sport I want to continue long after I leave Scotland. If you have never fished before and have an interest, book immediately. If you have fished before and want someone to show you some of the best stretch of River in Scotland, book immediately. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: April 2018

Hello Andrea,

Thank you so much for the kind words!

It was an absolute pleasure to guide you!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Awesome day out Pike fishing with Callum, he’s a great guy, very knowledgeable and makes a mean venison burger. Great day out and highly recommend!!!

Thank you so much for the kind words!

It was a pleasure to guide you!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We had the worse possible weather but Callum made our day a great experience. Our 12 year old son was dreaming about a chance to fly fish salmon on the River Tay and it was cold, windy and raining/snowing. Callum got us by a warm fire mid-day while he made us a delicious lunch of homemade lentil soup and venison burgers. We can understand why he is in demand. He is a lovely person and it was great to get to know him. We just need to come back in summertime!

1  Thank Nancy F

Hello Nancy!

Thank you so much for the kind words!

It was a pleasure to guide you all!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

What a great day fly fishing with our guide Callum from Scotia Fishing on the river Tweed outside of Edinburgh. The family surprised me with a trip to Scotland for my birthday. Cal picked up my son and I outside our Air B&B and drove us to the river, all we brought was warm clothing, Scotia Fishing provided all the gear and expertise. I have read about Euro Nymphing for some time and wanted to learn how to fish it. Cal and Scotia Fishing provided the great opportunity for my son and I to learn how to do it. It was a beautiful day on the river Tweed that included a gourmet lunch. Cal was a great host and guide for a great birthday of fly fishing.

Hello Joe!

Thank you so much for the kind words.

It was a pleasure to guide you both.