“Cool bar tenders, nice atmosphere”
Review of Clerk's Bar

Clerk's Bar
Ranked #583 of 2,478 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Houston, Texas
“Cool bar tenders, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My friend and I went here to watch the World Cup and try some whiskeys. The bartender was great and gave us a nice selection of Highland and Lowland whiskeys to try. He even wrote down the names of the whiskeys for us for future reference. The drinks were reasonably priced. A fun time

• Visited June 2014
ClerksBar, Manager at Clerk's Bar, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hey,

Thanks very much for the review. Its pleasing to read that you enjoyed your visit! Hopefully we will see you again soon (try out some of our slow smoked foods).

• Hebrew first
Edinburgh
“Superb, that is all I can say.”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

From the second I stepped into the place I was met with a friendly smile and looked after very well. Good was great and the selection of drinks superb. Will definitely be back and will be recommending the place. This is what a pub should be, thanks for the great experience.

• Visited July 2014
ClerksBar, Manager at Clerk's Bar, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. Chuffed that you like clerk's! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Hendersonville, NC
“Nice atmosphere, friendly people”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had drinks and dessert here one night. One of our kids had his second dinner a BLT and he raved about it. The people in the restaurant all seemed to enjoy what they ate and the staff was really friendly!

Visited June 2014
ClerksBar, Manager at Clerk's Bar, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to review us! Delighted to hear you liked Clerk's and enjoyed your experience.

We hope to see you again soon!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Awful aussie waitress”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Came here for the 1st time after my cousin made a reservation. Walked in but no one came to attend us. So we sat down at the table that we think was reserved for us as it said 7.30. An Australian waitress came up to us and asked 'excuse me, have u booked a table?' And my cousin said yes, my name is ..... , and the waitress asked, whats the name? My cousin yet again repeated her name. Cousin ended up repeating her name 3 times. No smile, very rude! She walked and away to get the menus. Me and my cousins were very hacked off about her attitude. She came back with the menus. Walked away for like a min, didnt even give us a chance to look at the menu and came back and asked what drinks we would like. I said to her, well can i have the drinks menu. N she gave me this dirtiest look and flipped the menu round to show us the drinks menu. No smile . She made us look stupid! If she had given us a chance to look at the menu, maybe we would figure out where to drinks where. My cousins couldnt believe we encountered such rude waitress that they decidded to grab our coats and leave! Awful service!! 1st impression, bad impression. Will never even come here and certainly wont be recommending to friends.

1 Thank missdaiz8
ClerksBar, Manager at Clerk's Bar, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hi there,

I am very sorry to read this review as well as extremely disappointed in the service you received. I would be very grateful if you would be so kind to email clerks@maclay.co.uk so that we can discuss this in more detail.

This really does not reflect the ethic of Clerk's Bar therefore I would like the opportunity to investigate this fully as well as go some way to making this up to you and your cousin.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Kayleigh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great burgers, friendly staff”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Popped in for a quick bite. Welcomed by friendly staff. Recommended burgers. It's cooler downstairs. Excellent burger.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank FifeFlyerTripAdviser
ClerksBar, Manager at Clerk's Bar, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hi there,

Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again soon...maybe try the pulled pork sandwich next time. They're fab as well!