“Great Day Out!”
Review of Mad Max Adventures

Mad Max Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located just 25 minutes from the city centre, MadMax Adventures is the perfect place for your day time activities in Edinburgh for a stag or hen do or corporate away day. MadMax Adventures gives you the chance to try some of the most thrilling outdoor activities around. Set in the beautiful parkland of Kirknewton Estate, we have purpose built Archery and Clay Pigeon Shooting ranges, a specially designed Off-Road 4*4 course and an extensive Quad Trail right here on site. That means you can do as many of these activities as you want without having to relocate each time! Stag and Hen parties, corporate days, team building exercises, we can accommodate it all. So if you're visiting Edinburgh, pay us a visit to try a day packed with adventure!
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My boyfriend got us a voucher for here which he found on Amazon Local as it looked fun. I have never done anything like this before and was really looking forward to it. We went today and it was amazing fun! It rained a bit but nothing too harsh.... If anything, it made it even better! The people who work there are very friendly and helpful. They take you out in groups of 4 for the 4x4 and each person gets a shot in the driving seat. The best bit is that you don't need to have a driving licence to do the activity. Being a non-driver myself,I was a wee bitty nervous, however, the nerves soon disappeared as it was much easier than I thought it would be. the next bit was for us to get into waterproofs for the quad biking (and trust me...you need them!). The place provides waterproofs, however, I opted to take my own. They actually provide everything you need - however, a tip would be to take your own gloves as when it is bad weather, the gloves you get are very damp and muddy after previous use. The only thing. Wasn't very keen on was the helmet - as it was very sweaty from previous user. It would be good if wipes or something was provided so that we can wipe it before putting it on. Anyways, that is a very small gripe as you soon forget about the helmet when you are doing the activity! We were taken to the quads and briefed on safety, how to use the quad etc. I struggled to get mines started but the guy was very helpful and helped me out right away. As soon as I was up and running - it was all fun, fun, fun after that and I only crashed into the person infront 3 times believe it or not! Both me and my boyfriend had a ball and will definitely be back! Keep up the good work guys!

All reviews