All reviewsgames roomlovely sitetoilet blockstables barhard standing pitchbus stopexcellent campsitewashing facilitiesgreat facilitiescity centrenight busfamily holidayvisiting edinburghunderfloor heatingnumber buskitchen areaminute drive
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Camped there for four nights to see the tattoo. Firstly must apologise for our car alarm which kept going off in the middle of the night, oops. One of the best camp sites stayed at. Great facilities and pub food prices reasonable. Easy access to Edinburgh but must remember that after midnight buses only run every hour on the hour. We turned up at ten past one doh.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed one night in a small motorhome.
Friendly and helpful staff at reception.
Wi-Fi is expensive, but good signal strength and speed.
Good access to Edinburgh by bus at front gate (10 minute walk from reception).
Amenities blocks are clean, with ample hot water.
Pitches are level and accessible, but no demarcation between neighbouring pitches.
In our case it was not clear which power outlet belonged to which pitch, so that the outlet designated for our pitch was already in use by a neighbouring pitch. Needed assistance from reception staff to sort it out.
The caravan park is surrounded by farmland; a nice rural setting handy to Edinburgh's urban attractions.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I used to frequent Liitle France camping site over 20 years ago when I used to visit the Fringe. Now some 22 years on I decided to introduce my kids to the kind of fun I used to have when I was in my early twenties - you do the maths!! Little France has long vanished due to property development, but boy oh boy had I wished I had had this place to stay at all those years ago.

Only two things to moan about is the ground - is it me or does it get harder the older you get and Spanish campers - they take longer than anyone to shower to the point of four happy campers processed themselves through the shower in the time it took our fellow europeans to was their undercarriages. I digress.....

Campsite is ideally located for travel into the city by bus or by car. The onsite facilities are super. Helpful check in staff and staff in bar area. Hot and cold running dish wash areas and clean shower blocks. All in all a great place to stay - i can in all honesty say if I had a fully sprung mattress and a duvet, even with shared facilities this place would have a silver star ETB ranking as the quality was that good.

So impressed am I that I intend to go back in the very near future and camp again. Maybe even try out the wigwams later int he year for a bit of respite for the old bones.

Great place to stay and can't recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: It's a campsite - enjoy
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank The_Pipster2608
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed in a wigwam for three nights and had a fabulous time. The wigwam was clean and comfortable, with fridge, kettle, microwave + TV. We were situated right by the kitchen, laundry + shower block so it was perfect. Topped with excellent weather + a fab pub it was just the job. Would most definitely stay here again! Ed Fest rocks!

Room Tip: Book early !
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

This is the first time we have visited Morton Hall and I'm sure it won't be the last! With easy access to Edinburgh via bus services, the park has welcoming atmosphere everyone we met was very friendly as to the people of Edinburgh! We were lucky enough to witness a live band during the stay who we're traveling through with the gumball rally, absolute fantastic so a big thanks to them.!!! A . Toothill, Settle, North Yorkshire

• Stayed: July 2013