“Load your own luggage....”

Edinburgh Airport iCentre
Ranked #398 of 449 things to do in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: The ICentre is happy to welcome and assist all visitors. Friendly staff provide knowledgeable information about travel, accommodation and places of interest for Edinburgh and Scotland. Edinburgh Airport iCentre is located in the new East Terminal and ideally placed to offer assistance to the Edinburgh and Scotland visitor. A first stop for all transport needs, offering tickets for Airlink Express, Citylink routes and ferry travel. We book accommodation for Edinburgh and the whole of Scotland and sell tickets for local attractions and events. A large selection of bus tours for both Edinburgh and Scotland as well as historic and ghost tours in Edinburgh are available. Historic Scotland passes are sold along with Royal Tickets offering great savings and a fast track service. A warm and friendly welcome awaits so pop in and take advantage of our expertise.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm old fashioned and don't like having to tag up my own bags, but when you then have to take in to the other end of departures because the belt is broken. I wonder who is working for who? Security was good and efficient. Airside WH Smiths took 10 minutes to sort out a meal deal. Shame as it used to be one of my favourite airports

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I called in here to grab some stamps so I could send some postcards from Edinburgh. The staff, particularly Sophie, were very friendly and provided excellent customer service. Not only did Sophie help me sort out my stamp crisis, she went above and beyond to help me locate the post box so I could get the postcards sent before leaving the UK.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We have just returned from a wonderful break in Portugal. On the homeward flight, we enjoyed a wonderful experience with Jet2.com from Faro to Edinburgh (see my separate report!). Unfortunately, it all started to unravel in Edinburgh. We were kept waiting on the plane for 20 mins because there were steps to help us disembark and then there were no buses to transport us to the Terminal.

When we eventually reached Baggage Reclaim, we had to wait nearly an hour for any baggage to appear. We only had one large case and when we took possession of it at last, it was completely soaking and had obviously had been out in the rain and not under cover for nearly an hour. On arriving at home in St Andrews, my wife discovered that most of the clothing was wet and required washing.

On the outward flight to Faro, we discovered that one of the two wheels on the suitcase had been damaged beyond repair and whether that was done in Edinburgh or Faro, we will never know. Suffice it to say, it was not a good start to our holiday!

The end of our holiday was miserable and the fact that our journey time was extended unnecessarily by two hours due to the absence of baggage handlers and incompetence of Edinburgh ground crew, was not good enough. Edinburgh Airport, get your act together!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Sometimes difficult to find your airline's kiosk, since they change back and forth. Going through security is a breeze. They have multiple lines with six stations at each line. It rarely takes more than a few minutes to get through, no matter how many people are there. However, we had a problem when our plane was late and then cancelled, because the cancellation was never announced--just removed from the board. Also, we had no idea where to go to book another flight. Had to ask several people where to go. Because there were no more flights, we were sent to a hotel in Edinburgh by taxi and picked up again in the morning. When I reached the United desk, in the morning, I was told that I had been booked stand-by. Not good. I never would have okayed the flight if I'd know it was stand-by. I went back to the rebooking desk and was told that United was now handling my flight. Went back to United and was told that I had a seat on the plane, but they couldn't tell me where. It all worked out, though, and I did get a seat. At least two other people who had been in the line to rebook their seats, did not get seats on the plane. I realize this was a tough situation because many flights had been cancelled and there were only two people rebooking flights. However, I should have been told that I had been booked as a stand-by passenger.

Penny T, Manager at Edinburgh Airport iCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear EBKIrcher, many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and comments regarding Edinburgh Airport. You have actually left these on the Edinburgh Airport Information centre ( visitscotland ) site so I shall ensure that you comments reach customer services for the actual airport
Regards