“Excellent Bed and Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aaran Lodge

Aaran Lodge
Ranked #103 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Edmonton
“Excellent Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

This is an excellent Bed and Breakfast/lodge. Bright, immaculate, spacious rooms with modern facilities/great shower, etc. Nice to have flat screen TV and free internet access. The breakfasts are outstanding. Theresa is the ultimate hostess!

The Hendersons
Edmonton, Alberta CANADA

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Aaran Lodge Guest House is a beautifuuly refurbished old home.
The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean.
Breakfast overlooking the garden was well presented in a delightful setting.
Our host was gracious and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

We have just returned after a short break in Edinburgh and our stay at Aaran Lodge was awesome in every way. The guest house was stunningly impressive inside and when I first laid laid eyes on our room it felt like it has just jumped out of "Hello Magazine" - tastefully furnished and immaculate. We were very well taken care of by Alec and Theresa in every way. We will be recommending them to family and friends and will stay there again when we make another visit.

Room Tip: Ours was room no 7 and it is perfect for a family of three.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

My stay at the Aaran Lodge Guesthouse was undoubtably the best Guesthouse I have ever stayed in . On arrival I was welcomed by Theresa who made me feel like I was home from home . I was amazed at how beautiful the house was when I went inside . Stunning is the word I would use .

Once I was checked in I was asked if I needed any information about Edinburgh by Theresa . She gave me very useful information as in how to get into town by car and by the train and bus . When taken and showed to my room I was amazed at the beautiful decor and furniture in the house . All I can say is that Theresa has spent a lot of time and money and achieved a marvellous result . Anyway going back to the room !!! Well what can I say it was just stunning. Room six was a spacious and modern room . The room was beautifuly decorated with a lovely aroma coming from fresh flowers displayed on the dresser . Like the rest of the house it was absolutely spotless . Everything from the beautifuly dressed bed to to the gleaming ornaments and furniture . The ensuite bathroom was the same everything in it and beautifuly presented .

After showing me the room Theresa asked me what I would like for my breakfast . This I've never come across before , usually you get what is on a menu and that's that , but Theresa said that she was able to do any combination of breakfast and its what I would like to be on my plate . Just how good is that . Anyway not being a heavy eater in the mornings I choose to have scrambled egg and bacon . I found this to be such a friendly and caring touch to make a stay feel home from home .

After a good nights sleep I went down for my breakfast into the gorgeous dinning room . Like the rest off the house beautifuly designed and decor again truly amazing . It was nice to look out onto the patio and back garden which was blooming with colour with all the flowers in the planters and borders . My breakfast was amazing . It was so tasty and beautifuly done . Everything was so well presented and just immaculate .

I stayed at the Aaran Lodge for Four nights . I fell in love with place that's all I can say . It's perfect in every way . It's so nice to be made to feel at home . Theresa is such a lovely host . She always made sure her guests were happy and were ok . She just couldnt do enough for everyone . I would and will recommend the Aaran lodge Guest House to every one . For familys , couples and singles . I will be back again when I have business again in Edinburgh . No more hotels for me . Ill be staying at the Aaran lodge again and again . Theresa ... Thank you once again for making me feel at home . My stay was magic . Will be back again very soon .

• Stayed August 2012
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We had three excellent nights at Aaron Lodge - Theresa gave us a very warm and friendly welcome and showed us our room, which was to a very high standard and tastefully decorated.
The full English breakfast was extremely good and set us up for the day. Theresa and her husband were very helpful in sharing local knowledge and helping us to get around.
We would certainly go back again and would recommend this place to anybody.
David and Janice B

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Guest house for 2 nights, during our holiday in Scotland. On arrival the owners were very welcoming and obliging. Our room was immaculate and very tastefully decorated and furnished. Good selection of food for your Continental or Full Breakfast. Theres parking right outside the front door, and the guest house is ideally situated if you want to take the Bus into Edinburgh as the Bus Stops are only a few metres away. If your looking for first class accommodation, at a reasonable rate, then look no further. We were delighted with our stay and have no hesitation in recommending this quest house.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

My family stayed here for 3 nights in room 7 which was huge and decorated tastefully and modern. When we arrived we were warmly welcomed by Theresa and shown to our rooms. The guest house is immaculate there was nothing to fault and the breakfast every morning was such a selection loved every bit of our stay.
We decided to come back and stayed for 1 night when visiting our friends and stayed in room 4 this time "WOW" this was beautiful 4 poster bed and had everything we needed champagne in our room also ! If you want a romantic night with your husband this is the room you will not want to leave ..
This is Definatly worth visiting. Thank you for our wonderful stay theresa xx

• Stayed July 2012